Pediatric Urgent Care Centers
In 2018, Yale New Haven Hospital ran a TV commercial dubbed "No Comparison," which shows Erin, a cancer survivor, talking about the hospital restored her life. In the commercial, she joins other riders in the Closer to Free bike ride to show how far she has come. We have provided the requested details below.
Yale New Haven Hospital
- On the first page of its website, the Yale New Haven Children's Hospital has a large red banner that is conspicuously placed at the top of the page to attract website visitors' attention. The banner is a COVID-19 update that advises readers to call the hospital before going in to ensure that the hospital is prepared to receive them.
- The hospital has a YouTube channel with 942 subscribers, where they have been posting video content and commercials for the past seven years. The channel has garnered over 388,000 views to date.
- The videos on the channel are about new technologies being developed for both adult and pediatric care at the hospital's Smillow Cancer Hospital, pediatric patients' success stories, how they care for newborns with abstinence syndrome, the prizes they've won for outstanding pediatric care, among other issues.
- The hospital's YouTube is home to all videos, including how children are prepared for surgery, as told by the children themselves.
- The hospital's YouTube videos are mainly in English, but few are done in Spanish to appeal to a wider audience.
- In 2018, Yale New Haven Hospital ran a TV commercial dubbed "No Comparison," which shows Erin, a cancer survivor, talking about the hospital restored her life. In the commercial, she joins other riders in the Closer to Free bike ride to show how far she has come.
- Another relatively old TV commercial (last aired in 2015) narrates the success stories of cancer patient survivors who have lived free of cancer, thanks to the Yale New Haven Hospital.
- The What Kids Think Commercial is about the hospital's recent acknowledgment as one of the best children hospital in the US, and it serves to amplify Yale New Haven Children's Hospital's position as the "only one hospital in Connecticut at the forefront of pediatric medicine."
- The Yale New Haven Hospital's Smillow Cancer Center, in association with the Yale Cancer Center, runs the Closer to Free campaign, whose official website can be found here.
- The Closer to Free Campaign has been around since 2009, and its goal is to "provide personalized cancer treatments and compassionate care to achieve the best possible outcomes" by developing new cancer therapies to improve patients' prognosis.
- The campaign runs a fund where people can donate money to help in cancer research and patient care.
- They also organize the Closer to Free bike ride where riders ride alongside cancer survivors, those affected by cancer, and other donors. Proceeds from the ride are channeled directly to research and patient care.
- Since most of the hospital's advertising and marketing efforts are captured in video, the hospital has a dedicated section on its main website that houses the videos.
- On their website, the hospital displays a recognition badge that they were awarded for being among the best children's hospitals in the US.
Boston Children's Hospital
- There's a pop-up message that greets visitors to the Boston's Children Hospital website. The message is a COVID-19 update that has links to resources on COVID-19, information for patients, and information for visitors.
- Their website also displays the hospital's recognition badge for being the best children's hospital in the US for six years in a row.
- The hospital has a YouTube channel with 67,100 subscribers, where they have been posting video content and commercials for the past 11 years. The channel has garnered over 29 million views to date.
- The hospital's content on YouTube revolves around their hospital facilities, patient recovery journeys and success stories, how their doctors treat different diseases in children, caregiver profiles, and 30-second ads of their pediatric services.
- The video content is offered in English, Spanish, and Arabic to reach wider audiences.
- Elizabeth Giuggio, a copywriter, creative director, and voiceover artist is a writer at Boston Children's Hospital. She has been tasked with "referring physician, Middle East, Community of Care, and consumer-focused campaigns under the “Until every child is well” umbrella."
- She displays her work for the hospital in the portfolio section of her website.
- Some of the visuals available are the referring physicians digital ad, the emergency department digital banner, the referring physicians' print ad, the Middle East print ad, the ophthalmology print ad, the nursing print ad, children's difference print ad, at-a-glance brochure, and the branded environment banner.
- Boston's Children Hospital is also in partnership with Kohl to form the Healthy Family Fun Program. Billboard, digital, and print ads promoting the campaign can be found here.
- According to iSpot, there have been no national TV commercial airings from Boston's Children Hospital.
- Some 30-second ads can be found on the hospital's YouTube channel.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Upon visiting the website, there's a banner, just like the banner in the other websites discussed above, that offers resources and answers to the frequently asked questions about the coronavirus pandemic.
- The banner also has information on visitor restriction during this COVID-19 period, allowing only two healthy adults to visit patients.
- The hospital has a YouTube channel with 106,000 subscribers and over 39 million views since 2009.
- The video content in the YouTube channel revolves around the hospital's pediatric expertise, their advanced hospital equipment, a description of some medical procedures, patient success stories, and recovery stories, among other topics.
- While there are no TV commercials for the hospital on iSpot, there are some short spots that were posted on the hospital's YouTube channel.
- The commercials include "Your Gift" and "Join Us,"which request people to donate to the hospital.
- Some of the Hospital's print ads can be found here.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia contracts third-party marketing agencies to create print and digital ads for them. Here are some examples done for the hospital by Hanlon Creative.
- The hospital has a profile on Diversity Nursing, whose purpose is to attract nurses to work in the hospital.
- Cohen Children's Northwell Health Pediatric Urgent Care Center's website is optimized correctly as a marketing tool for the hospital.
- From a catchy value proposition to an overview of their pediatric services, the website serves as an effective marketing tool.
- The hospital also flaunts its industry recognition as one of the best children hospitals in the country for the 12th in a row.
- The website also has positive customer testimonials and real stories from children patients, as told by the patients.
- The hospital also uses its website to request people to donate to their cause of making pediatric care easily available to children.
- Some of the hospital's TV commercials include this one that shows how children view their doctors and nurses differently, more like superheroes and rock stars.
- There have been no national airings of any TV commercials from the hospital, according to iSpot.
- Some of the hospital's recent digital/print ads can be found here.
Types of Marketing Efforts Used by Pediatric Urgent Care Facilities Across the United States
- As we have realized from the pediatric urgent care hospitals discussed above, TV ads/commercials are commonly used marketing efforts by pediatric urgent care centers.
- In addition to the above children's hospitals, other hospitals running TV ads include the Children's Hospital of Omaha, Texas Children Urgent Care, among others.
- Digital ads/print ads are also used by pediatric urgent care facilities. Some visuals can be found here.
- Billboards are also a popular marketing effort used by pediatric care facilities in the US, as shown by the Children's Hospital of Omaha.
Other Marketing Efforts
- According to Patient Gain, an online advertising agency for pediatric care centers, other essential marketing efforts include websites, Facebook marketing, SEO services, and email marketing.
- Pediatric urgent care centers also use display and search advertising. Display advertising includes banner ads, rich media, and much more.