Patient Advisory Services for Cancer Patients (2)
Additional services for cancer patients have been located. Government, hospital, private, mobile applications and online apps have been provided.
They may be viewed in the attached spreadsheet.
- Most care is organized through the hospital the patient has chosen. Hospitalized not only provide cancer treatment, but offer case management, therapy, social services, and referrals for other needs like financial support or care in the home.
- Four of the top cancer treatment hospitals in the United States have been provided to give a better understanding of how the process works. Each hospital has a comprehensive program to assist the patient with their various needs. Even smaller hospitals offer care management in the United States along with caseworkers or social workers that will assist the patient in locating needed services beyond treatment of the disease.
- The government offers assistance financially, but they also support the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute. Both entities offer multiple services and were included in the spreadsheet.
- There are multiple mobile apps like Living With and Belong Life that offer support and a way to organize treatment and gather friends and family. Each app does something a little different from the other, but all offer essential organization and support for those living with cancer.
- This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are hundreds of websites and organizations that offer support for specific types of cancers, along with organizations that offer unique services, like transportation or other services. This list is illustrative of the hundreds of organizations and websites that provide support to cancer patients and their families.