Patagonia Sales Funnel: Online
Patagonia customers can easily search for Patagonia's online products on multiple third-party websites. Customers can see reviews, compare prices, compare products specs side-by-side and get instant expert advice on products they are interested on. Customers always take advantage of Patagonia's "Ironclad Guarantee" of quality. More details about the customer journey in Patagonia's online sales channel are presented below.
- Patagonia sells its products through multiple companies including Dicks Sporting Goods, REI and Sole 2 Soul.
- REI is the most popular websites in the world, selling Patagonia's products.
- The last Patagonia released statistics regarding wholesale sales, showed that 59% of sales came from third-party sales.
- Patagonia customers takes advantage of the company's "Ironclad Guarantee" which guarantees the quality of all products regardless of where they were purchased.
- Patagonia customers can be reassured knowing that only 0.39% of all returns in 2018 were due to quality defects.
- Customers can either return products directly to the site they purchased from or to Patagonia directly via the website.
- Customers first searches for Patagonia online website.
- Patagonia authorizes you to register for or otherwise use online shopping.
- Third-party websites show positive customer reviews for Patagonia products, and sort products by 'best match' with the top products having the most favorable reviews. This allows customers to see reviews left by people who previously purchased the products.
- BackCountry not only shows customer reviews but also Patagonia marketing materials such as video and photo advertisements.
- Many online stores allow customers to take advantage of coupon codes, especially for first-time shoppers.
- After going through the reviews and comparing items side-by-side, customer is able to pick what best suits them and puts them to their cart.
- They then proceed to check-out by paying for their products.
- All orders placed must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department.
- Most orders are shipped within one business day from the day the order was placed and take 3-7 business days to arrive by standard ground shipping.
- The buyer should inspect the goods for fault and notifying Patagonia within 15 working days of receiving the goods should there be a fault.
- The buyer should notify Patagonia within 30 days of receiving goods should they wish to exchange the product or return the purchase for store credit or refund.
- Customer is the one responsible for all costs associated with the return of goods to Patagonia.