Palm Beach Demographics
54.2% of the female population in Palm Beach County, Florida, is employed. About 88.2% of the people have a high school or higher education degree and 35.7% of persons 25 years and above have at least a Bachelor's degree.
- The average age of people living in the county is 44.9 years.
- 43 years represents the average age of native-born citizens, while 47 years represents the average age of foreign-born citizens.
- 5.1% of the population is under 5 years, 19.1% are under 18 years, and 23.9% are 65 years and older.
- 74.8% of people living in the county are White.
- 19.7% are Black or African American.
- 22.9% are either Hispanic or Latino.
- 2.9% of the population is of Asian descent.
- About 59.7% of 16 year-olds or older are active in the labor force. From this number, 54.2% represents the female population.
- The most common jobs by people in the county are sales and related occupations (12.3%), management (10.9%), office and administrative support occupations (10.3%).
- By industry, majority of the population are employed in the retail trade industry, followed by healthcare and social assistance industry, and accommodation and food services.
- The home ownership rate in Palm Beach County, Florida is 68.6%.
- 88.2% of the persons 25 years and above are a high school or higher education graduates.
- About 35.7% of 25 years and above have a Bachelor's degree or higher degree.
- Most students graduating from universities are white (41.5%), closely followed by 26.6% representing Hispanic or Latino, while 22.1% represents Black or African Americans.