Based on the industries where its competitors operate, Pall could increase its presence in the following industries: military and defense sector, waste water treatment sector, process and drinking water, corporate offices, agriculture, residential construction, the metal industry, pulp and paper, and shipyards.
Pall 's Potential Segments
- Pall provides filtration, separation, and purification solutions.
- The company serves clients from the following industries: aerospace, biotech, chemicals and polymers, food and beverage, industrial manufacturing, laboratory, medical, microelectronics, oil and gas, and power generation.
- Based on one of Pall's investor presentation reports, it has identified the infrastructure and construction sector as one of its long-term high growth market. The company is looking to be a part of China's "one belt, one road" infrastructure spend.
- Based on the presentation, Pall also plans to further expand its presence in the automotive sector by providing its filtration solutions for the electronic parts needed by future cars.
- Pall is already providing some of its products for residential applications. However, this segment is not specifically indicated in the company's list of industries served. Since the company already provides products that can be used for residential applications, this sector could be one where it could further operate.
- Pall is already offering its filtration solutions to the military sector with its aerospace filtration products. Given that it has already a foot inside the door of this sector, the company could further expand its military application and not just to the aerospace segment. Currently, the military or defense sector is not listed yet in the industry client list of the company.
- Some of the company's competitors that are mentioned in the section below have acquired companies that provide services in sectors that were not indicated in the competitors' client industry list. Some of these segments include the waste water treatment sector, process and drinking water, corporate offices, agriculture, residential construction, the metal industry, pulp and paper, and shipyards.
- Given this, Pall could take after its competitors and formalize its entry into these segments.
Competitors Entering Pall's Potential Segments
- Parker Hannifin Corp. provides various types of filters, separators, and purifiers.
- Currently, the company provides its solutions to the following industry: oil and gas, power generation, mobile construction, marine, life science, transportation, semiconductor, and mining.
- In 2017, Parker Hannifin acquired the Clarcor filtration and purification company.
- With this acquisition, Parker Hannifin can leverage Clarcor's U.S. presence in the current industries that Clarcor's brands play.
- Clarcor's clients include those in the construction industry that handle residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. It also provides its products to the shipyard sector. It also counts offices and the military as some of its customers.
- 3M has acquired the Membrana filtration technology company.
- 3M mentioned that it is leveraging Membrana's capabilities to start to accelerate its penetration into the sectors where Membrana operates.
- Membrana provides its products to various industries that include process and drinking water.
- Koch Membrane Systems manufactures filtration systems. The company is considered as one of the competitors of Pall in the filtration and purification industry.
- The company provides its products to the following industry: dairy, food, beverages, automotive, life sciences, textiles, pulp and paper, general industrial, and the waste water treatment sector.
- The company recently acquired Eco-Tec Inc.
- Eco-Tec serves the construction industry, the metal industry, and other sectors.
- With this acquisition, Koch aims to operate in Eco-Tec's clients' industries as well where it is not currently present.
- Donaldson is one of Pall's competitor in the filtration industry.
- The company operates in various industries such as construction, defense, agriculture, and others.
- It recently acquired the Hy-Pro Filtration company. Given this, Donaldson could expand to the metal processing industry as this sector is not included yet in its client industry list.
Companies of Interest in Pall's Potential Segments
- BAE Systems, a ship builder has already availed of Pall's products in the past. Pall could potentially engage with the company in the future.
- Companies involved in international government projects such as China's "one belt, one road project" are some of the players in the potential segments that Pall could operate more in the future. Some of these companies include Waters, Rio Tinto, and Thai Oil Public.
- In the metal industry, the Superior Metal Products firm is one of the companies of interest in the sector.