Two additional products/services that P&G has acquired/invested in include the Neurobion products from Merck and a digital weight loss application for men.
MERCK'S NEUROBION PRODUCTS (Behavior modification)
- Neurobion is part of Merck's consumer health business acquired by P&G in 2018.
- Neurobion is a branded supplement that contains a mixture of three different B vitamins (B-1, B-6, and B-12), which helps enhance the nervous system and improve nerve, skin, and brain cell deficiencies.
- As reported by Doc Prime, the Neurobion brand is prescribed to patients with mental disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, nerve damage, etc.
INVESTMENT TO DIGITAL WEIGHT LOSS APP FOR MEN (Weight loss/management)
- In 2015, P&G Veterans invested in digital weight loss services meant for men. According to a statistics report, 72 million Americans are obese. P&G, together with Gain Life and ManUP Health, made created this program for consumers.
- The unique part of this investment is that this service was the "first behavioral medicine program" for men by Gain Life and a product creation of ManUP Health, which is a company that helps with weight loss and its management. This made the digital weight loss services for men a combination of behavior modification and weight loss/management.
- This service allows users to undergo habit and behavioral assessment, and from the assessment, the app will match them with a coach that satisfies their preferences. The process involves an online meeting with coaches and users are given access to "Mindset, Activity, and Nutrition Playbooks" provided by ManUP on how to succeed in the digital weight loss program.
Clearblue fertility and ovulation test Investment (with app-connectivity)
- In 2017, P&G invested in a fertility and ovulation test system that can track hormones named Clearblue. It is a wearable app that can be connected to a smartphone via bluetooth.
- According to P&G, this product was launched to assist women's knowledge about their fertility cycle. Through the use of app connectivity, females are able to compare their cycles for an improved comprehension of their reproductive health. It also allows them to seamlessly share their data with their healthcare specialist and partner.
- As reported by Mobile Health News, "The Clearblue test is a urinalysis device that consists of a holder and 25 test sticks. It tests the samples for both estrogen and luteinizing hormone to help women who are trying to start a family to identify their most fertile days."
- Moreover, it is currently the sole fertility test that examines both estrogen and luteinizing hormone (LH), which permits the device to determine more likely fertile days than those that merely search for LH.
- The Clearblue fertility test also partnered with Be My Eyes to grant vision-impaired females the capacity to view the results of pregnancy evaluations by themselves.
Smartphone-Connected Thermometer Investment (with app-connectivity)
- In 2015, P&G invested in a smartphone-connected thermometer from the Vicks brand called Vicks SmartTemp.
- The product allows users to track their temperature and transfer data through bluetooth connectivity to the smartphone app. It also allows family members to create individual profiles and observe temperature history.
- The smartphone app provides "Fever InSight guidance" that displays unique colors based on the readings.
Oral-B Genius X electric toothbrush Investment (with app-connectivity)
- In February 2019, P&G announced its upcoming investment in an AI electric toothbrush in partnership with Oral-B Genius, a producer of consumer goods based in Cincinnati.
- This electric toothbrush allows users to track the region of the mouth where they are brushing. It provides personalized data about areas that requires additional brushing.
- According to P&G’s global brand director for Oral-B, Stephen Squire, "The Biometric Health Tracker concept is our idea of a 360-degree health platform designed to improve oral and overall health. It is not a finished product."
- He goes on to state that the Biometric Health Tracker is a conception that will further facilitate pioneering work between Oral-B scientist, external researchers, and dental professionals and that the company seeks to explore the unlimited possibilities that connected oral-care devices can provide.