P&G Brand Analysis
The 2019 annual revenue of P&G is $67,684 million. The adult and feminine care segment contributes 6% of the company's annual sales. Major brands in the adult and feminine care category are Always and Tampax.
Adult and Feminine Care
- This category consists of feminine care and adult incontinence brands.
- Popular brands under this category are Always feminine care pads, Always discreet incontinence pads, and Tampax feminine care tampons.
- P&G has a 25% share of the global feminine care market.
- The adult and feminine care category contribute 6% of the company's total revenue in 2019.
- The 2019 sales from this category is $4,061.04 million (calculation below).
- This category consists of baby wipes, taped diapers, and pants.
- Luvs baby diapers and Pampers baby diapers are two popular brands under this category.
- P&G is a global leader in the baby care market with over a 25% share of the market.
- The baby care category contributes 12% of the total revenue in 2019.
- The 2019 sales from this category is $8,122.08 million (calculation below).
- This category consists of hair care products such as conditioner, shampoo, styling aids, and treatments; skin and personal care products such as antiperspirant and deodorant, personal cleansing, and skin care.
- Major brands are Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Pantene, Rejoice, Olay, Old Spice, Safeguard, SK-II, and Secret.
- Olay leads the global facial care market with a 6% share of the market.
- Pantene and Head & Shoulders have a 20% share of the global retail hair care market.
- Total sales from this segment in 2019 is $12,897 million, this represents 19% of the total company sales.
- Under the Paper segment, P&G offers family care products such as paper towels, tissues, and toilet paper.
- Major brands are Bounty paper towels, Charmin toilet paper, and Puffs facial tissues.
- P&G's family care brands are predominant in North America.
- The U.S. market shares for family care products are 40% for Bounty and 25% for Charmin.
- Paper category contributes 9% of the company's total revenue in 2019.
- The 2019 sales from this category is $6,091.56 million (calculation below).
To provide an analysis of P&G's brand categories, we searched through the website of the company and its 2019 annual report. While we found relevant information on these sources, a breakdown of the annual sales from the adult and feminine, baby, and paper categories were not provided by the company. P&G reports the sales from these segments as a consolidated sum. However, the report provides a breakdown of the share of each category which we have used to estimate the revenue from each segment.
To determine the revenue data that were not provided by the company's report, we multiplied the total 2019 revenue by the share of each category.