Oscar Mayer Brand Tracking
Oscar Meyer typically receives a mix of positive and negative reviews. Many of the negative reviews appear focused on the quality of the brand's bacon; positive reviews often focus on the reliability of its products. Complete details and reviews are provided below.
- A positive review on Influenster, which shows an overall rating for the brand of 4.5/5.0 from 2,373 reviewers, focuses on the Oscar Mayer brand affordability and availability (hot dogs). On January 26, 2020, Kennedy B. of Richwood, WV wrote, " This is a really good product. It's very cheap. And can always find at Wal-Mart. I think it's a great value. I would improve this product by making bigger packaging. It's great for hotdogs, or fired hot dogs. Or you could do like a pasta and put some of them in there." (5.0/5.0 stars).
- According to Pissed Consumer, the Oscar Mayer brand has received 2.8/5.0 stars from 308 reviews. One of the positive reviews on the site was actually a plea from a long-time brand-consumer (PissedConsumer1907865 of New Port Richey, FL) related to the availability of the selections during the coronavirus pandemic: "I am not a pissed consumer, I was calling to inquire why I couldn't find any Oscar Mayer hard salami in my grocery stores since this plague has gripped the nation. Your hard salami has been a staple in my life since I was a child and my grandparents get it to me, then my parents then my wife. I'm 75 years old and I miss it. User's recommendation: Friendly company, ask and you shall receive."(4.5/5.0 stars)
- On Amazon, there are 223 customer reviews of the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Sliced Turkey Breast Lunch Meat resulting in an overall rating of 4.6/5.0 stars on the site. One of the positive reviews was from an Amazon shopper named Brittany who titled the review "Fresh!" and focused on the length of time the product stayed fresh in the fridge. The reviewer noted that the deli selections "Kept fresh for over three weeks in the refrigerator! Great to have for lunches!" (5.0/5.0 stars)
- There are 929 people on Facebook who either recommend or do not recommend the brand, resulting in a 2.9/5.0 rating. One of the positive reviews (March 26, 2020) highlighted the affordability, taste, and variety of the bologna products: "All of the bologna varieties are great! Affordable, taste good, are very versatile and can be used in many recipes."
- According to Consumer Affairs, reviewers of the Oscar Mayer brand gave it a rating of ~3.75/5.0 stars. On March 27, 2019, a consumer posted a positive review of the brand and focused on its longevity and quality (Donald of Tacoma, WA): "Oscar Mayer is a brand that I grew up with. Since I was a child I remember the name represented quality and wholesome goodness. As an adult, I've tried other brand for various reasons (price, availability, curiosity), but I have always return to the Oscar Mayer brand for consistency, quality and flavor. In our consumer products and services oriented society quality and value are # 1. The FDA ensures safety and consistency. The companies themselves are responsible for their reputation and variety. Every product I've tried for 40 years had been rich in flavor and the many other qualities that has made the brand a staple in my refrigerator." (5.0/5.0 stars)
- A negative review on Influenster was from a reviewer named brat1111 B. from Twin Fall, ID on February 26, 2020. The review highlighted a conspiracy theory about the brand's hot dog contents and some criticism on its taste: "I was not thrilled with the Oscar-Mayer brand hot dogs unless they were the bun size. Then, after I read an article that tested 10 different varieties of hot dogs, 8 of them had human DNA in them. They named names. Yuck. I think I'll stick to Hebrew National." (3.0/5.0 stars)
- One of the negative reviews on Pissed Consumer came from Shelly A. on May 5, 2020. The review focused on the quality and fat content of Oscar Mayer bacon: "What is this bacon I ust[sic] paid more $ for and it is ALL FAT?? It looks disgusting. I cooked it and it didn't cook evenly at all it was burnt to a crisp at one end and uncooked on the other (shocker) — I want people to see this!! User's recommendation: Dont[sic] pay more for this name brand!!!!! Worst bacon ever!!!!" (1.0/5.0 stars)
- An Amazon shopper who posted a negative review about Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Sliced Turkey Breast Lunch Meat on March 25, 2020, focused on a potential change in ingredients and salt-content: "I've been eating Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Turkey for many years and something has changed in the taste of this product. It tastes like pure salt wrapped in turkey. I thought I got a couple of bad batches of this product, but now realize that it may be a permanent change to the ingredients. I just threw out my sandwich and will never buy this product again. The product is saturated with salt disallowing any taste of the turkey itself. Maybe this is done to further preserve the longevity of the meat...I don't know. All I know is that I'll be moving on to another brand." (1.0/5.0 stars)
- One of the reviews on Facebook that was negative and in regards to Oscar Mayer's cracked pepper bacon had a focus on the quality, fat content, and taste of the product (May 16, 2020): "cracked paper bacon... had to throw it out even after we scraped tons of excess pepper off of it. WAAAY too much pepper, almost all fat."
- A negative review on the Consumer Affairs site from a verified reviewer (Walter of Franksville, WI; April 24, 2020) questioned the brand's leadership and commitment to quality: "No cotto peppers now. What you gonna do? Seems like you don't care anymore. Just read your reviews. They tell you what the problem is. Your leader just does not care, I worked at Chrysler In maintenance 30 years. I can tell when production personnel do not care when they assemble a motor. This is a so what company. Your ratings are taking a nose dive if you don't care. Keep on doing what you're doing." (1.0/5.0 stars)