Procurement Organizational Structures - CNH Industrial
While there is no publicly available information to fully answer your question, we've used the available data to pull together key findings, such as the fact that CNH Industrial globally has 522 current employees who have experience working as a buyer, 38 who have experience working as a procurement specialist, 114 with experience as a purchasing manager. Additionally, we were able to learn that CNH Industrial is currently undergoing a massive reorganization of their company's organizational structure. Below you'll find an outline of our research methodology to better understand why the information you've requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
In order to tackle this project, we first began by looking for any precompiled organizational structures or charts for CNH Industrial overall or their procurement department specifically. In doing so, we looked at databases that commonly house organizational structure charts, the company's website and annual reports, as well as trusted media sources. However, after exhaustive research, we were unable to locate any existing organizational structures for this company. One reason why this data may be lacking is due to the fact that it appears many companies do not make this type of detailed information about their employee structures public, especially when it comes down to more nuanced levels, such as the structures of individual departments. Another potential reason this data is not available is due to the fact that the company is currently undergoing an in-depth process of reorganizing their structure. Therefore, we assume it's likely the company may provide more details about the results of this reorganization down the line.
Because our attempts to locate a direct answer to this request failed, we next attempted to triangulate an answer using the two methods presented below:
1) First, we attempted to use LinkedIn to locate a list of individuals working in procurement at CNH Industrial. At first, this strategy proved useful as LinkedIn's search feature was able to bring up a list of over 700 individuals currently working at CNH Industrial that have job titles related to 'procurement'. We then attempted to go through and sort these individuals into groups based on their job titles in order to illustrate the organizational structure. However, this attempt to triangulate an answer failed due to the fact that we discovered doing so would require a significant amount of time and attention to detail than is allotted for a single Wonder request, especially when we considered the fact that many individuals had non-standard job titles, which made it quite challenging to determine how to categorize them effectively.
2) Since our first triangulation attempt failed, we attempted to broaden the scope of the research a bit and, rather than focusing on the organizational structure at such a detailed and nuanced level, we attempted to gain a more high-level perspective of the structure. To do so, we first conducted research to understand some commonly used job titles and roles under the procurement umbrella. To begin, we were able to locate this list of common job titles in this arena:
- Purchasing Agent
- Procurement Specialist
- Purchasing manager
- Purchasing administrator
- Materials Manager
- Director of Purchasing
- Commodity Manager
- Director of Materials
- Director of Strategic Sourcing
- Procurement Manager
- Procurement Officer
- Purchasing Supervisor
Using this list as a jumping-off point, we then began using LinkedIn's search filters to isolate individuals who currently work at CNH Industrial and have the job titles noted above. Initially, this strategy seemed to produce great results, as we were able to find swaths of individuals who hold these titles at CNH Industrial. However, this research strategy ultimately ended-up failing due to the fact that the search results on LinkedIn would also pull up individuals who currently work at CNH Industrial but may have held the job role in the past and no longer do, and may have even had the job role at a different company in the past. Although we attempted to work with LinkedIn's search filters to isolate people who only currently hold those job titles at CNH Industrial, the filters did not allow for this (they only allowed us to isolate people who currently work at CNH Industrial). Because of this, we determined that we could not progress with this strategy due to the fact that 1) due to the number of employees at this company and in the procurement department specifically, which is into high hundreds, it is not feasible for us to go through and manually weed-out the people do don't have the current job titles specified and, 2) the overall number of employee results presented is then skewed because of this.
Despite this, we have provided a spreadsheet of data we collected during our research on LinkedIn which, although the data is imperfect due to the aforementioned reasons, we think may still be insightful for you to consider. Additionally, we have provided some other information related to CNH Industrial's procurement department that may be of interest. Aside from a few high-level pieces of information, details concerning this topic were found to be severely lacking overall.
- According to data collected from LinkedIn, CNH Industrial globally has 522 current employees who have experience working as a buyer, 38 who have experience working as a procurement specialist, 114 with experience as a purchasing manager, 32 with experience as a materials manager, 242 with experience as a director of purchasing, 257 with experience as a commodity manager, one person with experience as a director of materials, 315 with experience related to strategic sourcing, 17 with experience as procurement managers, one person with experience as a chief of purchasing officer, and 15 with experience as a purchasing supervisor.
- A January 2019 press release notes that CNH Industrial had announced plans to change its organizational structure at the global level. In doing so, the company notes that they would be reducing the size of their corporate functions and refocus the corporate functions across several key areas, one of which is the company's supply chain, which the press release notes will be in charge of coordinating the company's procurement processes. Along with this, the company's former Chief Manufacturing Officer, Tom Verbaeten, will become the new Chief Supply Chain Officer.