Most of the companies reviewed have decentralized organizational structures, with the company divided into multiple sectors based on product line or customer segments. All information is also summarized in the project spreadsheet.
- TE Connectivity was determined to have a decentralized organizational structure as there are specific Presidents of different product lines. For example, there is a President of Transportation Solutions, President of Industrial Solutions, etc.
- Fortive was determined to have a decentralized organizational structure as there are Senior Vice Presidents for different product offerings and regions. For example, Martin Gafinowitz "has global responsibility for Fortive’s Transportation Technologies platform" and directs Fortive work in India.
- Roper Technologies was determined to have a centralized organizational structure, as there are not regional or product offering managers. Instead, all decisions throughout the organization are controlled by the centralized C-suite.
- ABB was determined to have a decentralized organizational structure as each business segment has its own leadership. For example, Tarak Mehta heads the Electrification division while Morton Wierod heads the Motion division.
- Eaton has a decentralized organizational structure as there are two different company sectors: the Industrial Sector and the Electrical Sector.
- Emerson has a decentralized organizational structure as there are multiple company sectors and regional heads. For example, Robert Sharp is the executive president of Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions while Jean Janssen is president of Emerson Europe.
- Honeywell has a decentralized organizational structure as there are multiple company sectors, including Aerospace, Enterprise Transformation, Building Technologies, among others.
- Ingersoll Rand has a decentralized organizational structure, with multiple company and regional divisions including Industrial Technologies and Services Business and Precision and Science Technologies.
Illinois Tool Works Inc
- Illinois Tool Works Inc has a decentralized organizational structure with multiple company divisions. For example, Michael R. Zimmerman is the Executive Vice President, Polymers & Fluids of Illinois Tool Works Inc while Steven L. Martindale is Executive Vice President, Test & Measurement and Electronics of Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Johnson Controls International
- Johnson Controls International has a decentralized organizational structure based on geographical regions.
- Signify has an extremely centralized organizational structure with only two individuals on the senior management team.
Lennox International Inc
- Lennox International was determined to have a decentralized organizational structure as they have regional and business segment leaders. For example, Douglas L. Young oversees the Residential Heating & Cooling segment while Elliot S. Zimmer oversees Commercial Heating & Cooling.
- Pentair was determined to have a decentralized organizational structure as they have two business segments with operational autonomy, the Industrial Flow Technologies segment and the Consumer Solutions segment.