Organic Stevia: Revenue
New Product Launches
- One potential avenue of additional revenue for an organic stevia producer is to launch innovative products.
- Examples of products that can be launched by an organic stevia producer include chocolate milk containing stevia leaf extract, sports drinks, fruit juices, calories-free sweeteners, teas, candies, soy sauce, ice creams, yogurt, chewing gum, and canned food.
Wholesale to Other Companies
- Organic stevia producers can sell their products to other companies that use stevia in their products. According to go4WorldBusiness, many businesses around the world are looking to buy stevia in bulk.
- Companies such as Coca-Cola, Recov Beverages, Starbucks, and Glockengold Fruchtsaft use stevia in their products.
Additional potential revenue avenues for organic stevia producers include collaboration with other companies and offering services such as regulatory services and education services to consumers.
Collaboration with Other Companies
- Organic stevia producers can collaborate with companies from other industries such as biotechnology companies to increase their revenue streams.
- Stevia producers can collaborate with other companies such as food service companies to build better supply chains, develop new products, "manage risk, and elevate the quality of life for their consumers".
- Examples of stevia producers' collaboration with other companies include the collaboration between Stevia First and BioViva Sciences. The collaboration aims at identifying nutritional products that influence lifespan and metabolism.
- Cargill has also collaborated with Evolva to produce and commercialize a stevia sweetener. According to Biofuels Digest, "Evolva will receive up to 30% of the EverSweet business, determined as a function of the strain efficiencies achieved".
- Stevia producers can leverage their industry experience and offer services such as technical services, regulatory services, and education services. Examples of stevia producers offering services to consumers include Cargill and PureCircle.
- PureCircle offers technical services, regulatory services, and education services.
- PureCircle offers access to proprietary research in topics that include stevia trends, consumer perceptions, communication with stevia consumers, and examples of successful stevia brands. Through PureCircle Stevia Institute, the company provides "science-based information for scientists, health professionals, and consumers".
- Regulatory services that are offered by PureCircle include scientific and regulatory support guidelines and a "snapshot on the countries where stevia is approved for use".
- Technical services offered by PureCircle include co-development, experimental design, sensory research, ingredient selection assistance, and centers of excellence that provide technical support.
Trends impacting the organic stevia market include the consumer's high preference for liquid stevia and new product launch.
High Preference for Liquid Stevia
- According to Mordor Intelligence's stevia market report, "Liquid Stevia is projected to be the fastest-growing segment as consumers prefer a liquid form of stevia to sweeten recipes".
- There are different forms of liquid stevia available in the market such as syrups. Liquid stevia syrup is used for enhancing food flavor.
- Liquid stevia extract substitutes cane sugar and is good for sweetening coffee, tea, and smoothies.
- According to Mordor Intelligence, the demand for liquid stevia is "growing at a greater pace in the segment".
New Product Launches
- According to Businesswire, "development of new products using stevia will attract consumers with different demands, positively influencing market growth".
- Factors such as improved tastes of stevia products, new product development, and marketing support are "increasing the demand for stevia in the market".
- According to PureCircle, new products that were launched with stevia in 2018 grew by 31% compared to 11% in 2017.
- According to Mordor Intelligence, an increase in awareness of the health benefits of stevia's low-calorie products is a major factor contributing to the growth of the stevia market.
- Food and beverage manufacturers are also using stevia for their products.
- Companies driving the trend include Coca-Cola and Recov Beverages.
To identify trends impacting the organic stevia market, we consulted numerous market research report summaries, where the full reports were behind paywalls. Other sources we examined included stevia industry articles and research reports, annual reports and websites of leading stevia producers like PureCircle, industry professional groups and associations, research articles, investor websites such as Bloomberg, Kiplinger, and BusinessInsider, business magazines such as Forbes and Fortune.