HomeAway User Communication
Homeaway users receive an email invite post booking confirmation with details such as Wi-Fi instructions, check-in/check-out details, and directions to the location. While on the trip, they receive a welcome message, alerts and reminders of relevant information, and a review request a day before check-out. Post the check-out they receive a thank you message.
- Once users are interested in a property, they either make further enquiries or send a booking request/ instantly book the property. An email is received confirming that the enquiry or booking request was sent to the owner.
- In case the user sends an enquiry, the owner or manager of the property respond with clarification and sends a payment link to the user, through which the user can opt to make a payment within 72 hours.
- To directly book a property on Homeaway, users enter arrival and departure dates, and payment details before they submit a request/ booking.
- If the selected property is instantly bookable, an instant email notification is received confirming the booking.
- If the booking requires a confirmation from the owner of the property within 24 hours, the user receives an email notification when the owner accepts or declines the request. The card is charged as soon as the owner accepts the booking request.
- Guests who use the Mobile Hospitality app also receive a booking confirmation notification, a primary invite containing credentials. Seven days before the date of arrival, guests receive a secondary invite via the Mobile Hospitality app (if using it), in case they missed the first invite. The notification is only received if the owner has enabled Mobile Hospitality.
- The message received upon completing a booking request: "Thank you for booking our home, we are excited to host you! Please take a moment to review the House Manual before your stay. I have attached your House Manual to this email."
- The House Manual may contain rules, directions to the property, codes, Wi-Fi instructions, check-in/check-out details. Owners may also opt to send access codes later.
- Owners can select (on the app) what information they may want to provide and guests can select the information they specifically seek.
- In case the owner has not enabled the app, the owner contacts the guest on their own. If the property owner does not contact the user, the user calls the owner directly--the contact details are in My Trips section and can also be found in the booking confirmation email. When users/ guests cannot connect to the property owner, they contact customer care directly and they resolve the issue.
ON-TRIP AND CHECK-OUT COMMUNICATION
- The day of check-in the guest receives a welcome message via the Mobile Hospitality app.
- During the stay, guests receive notifications alerting/reminding them of relevant information. Information could include "house rules, checkout instructions, Wi-Fi password, instructions on how to use the washer/dryer or the grill, when to take out the trash, and more".
- The day before the check-out the guest receives a request for review. The review request email asks the user if they liked the stay (Yes/No), a rating of their experience from 1 to 5, and additional feedback comments.
- On submitting a review, users receive an email confirming the submission of their review, which also contains a copy of the review and the review id.
POST THE CHECK-OUT
- A thank you message is sent to the guest at 12:00 PM (local time) on the day the guest departs. The thank you message can be customized and owners may ask the guests for specific feedback.