Olympic Sports in Connecticut (1)
Three summer Olympic sports that visitors to Connecticut can enjoy include canoeing, archery and sailing. Additional details on where these sports are available are outlined below.
- Visitors interested in trying canoeing in Connecticut can do so at Collinsville Canoe & Kayak, located at 41 Bridge St in Collinsville, CT. They can be reached at 860-693-6977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collinsville Canoe & Kayak offers a canoe basics course for one or two people as well as customizable group outings. For those who already know how to canoe and want to do so on their own, they offer canoe rentals. They also offer several canoeing events, such as moonlight paddles on the river.
- Collinsville Canoe & Kayak has a 4.7 star rating across 197 reviews on Google.
- Another option for Canoeing in Connecticut is Metacomet Canoe and Kayak, located at 67 Palisado Ave in Windsor, Connecticut. They can be reached at 860-713-9143 or by using the contact form on their website.
- Metacomet Canoe and Kayak offers canoe rentals along with a variety of guided canoe trips. All of their trip options are on the Farmington River and they have both day and evening trip options.
- Metacomet Canoe and Kayak has 5.0 stars across 14 reviews on Google.
- Individuals interested in Archery can visit Hall's Arrow Indoor Archery Range, located at 291 Middle Turnpike W est in Manchester, CT. They can be reached at (860) 646-0443 or by completing the contact form on their website.
- Hall's Arrow offers a Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) program, an indoor range, target archery and bow hunter safety courses. Their target archery program is lead by Olympic gold medalist Butch Johnson.
- Hall's Arrow has a 4.5 star rating across 69 reviews on Google.
- Another option for participating in Archery in Connecticut is the Quinnipac River Archery Park, located at 346 Quinnipiac Street in Wallingford, CT. They can be reached at 203-450-2771 or email@example.com.
- Quinnipiac River Archery Park offers archery lanes of up to 70 meters and eight 3D shooting targets. Visitors can purchase daily passes or participate in one of the park's programs, such as group or individual archery lessons.
- Quinnipiac River Archery Park has a 5 star rating across 5 reviews on Google.
- A third option for participating in Archery in Connecticut is Newbury Archery, located at 529 Sharon Turnpike in Goshen, CT. They can be reached at 860-491-9908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newbury Archery is an archery store that offers archery lessons. Their indoor range can be booked for group events and parties.
- Newbury Archery has a 4.8 star rating across 16 reviews on Google.
- For visitors who are interested in sailing, Sound Sailing Center, located at 54 Calf Pasture Beach Rd in Norwalk, CT, is a good option. They can be reached at 203-838-1110 or email@example.com.
- For those with sailing experience, Sound Sailing Center offers boat charters for as little as 2 hours or as long as 2 weeks. Visitors without experience can pay $300 per day plus expenses for a captain to sail with them.
- Sound Sailing Center has a 4.3 star rating across 6 reviews on Google.
- Another option for experiencing sailing in Connecticut is Poet's Lounge Sailing Center, located Mystic, CT. They can be reached at (860) 287-7956 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poet's Lounge Sailing Center offers both day sails and sunset cruises, captained by a professional sailor. Sails can range from 2 to 6 hours and are available May through October.
- Poet's Lounge Sailing Center has a 5 star rating across 16 reviews on Google.