Okta Activity Analysis - 2015
The top 12 logins for all startup companies and platforms according to the 2015 Okta Businesses at Work report include Box Inc., DropBox, JIRA (Atlassian), Yammer, Slack, PagerDuty, New Relic, SmartSheet, Trello, Marketo, Prezi, and Pingdom.
2015 TOP STARTUP COMPANIES AND VALUATIONS
- Box — $2.29 billion (synthesized from Sources 1 & 2)
- DropBox — $10 billion (synthesized from Sources 1 & 5)
- JIRA (Atlassian) — $3 billion (synthesized from Sources 1 & 3)
- Yammer — $1.2 billion (synthesized from Sources 1 & 13)
- Slack — $2.8 billion — (synthesized from Sources 1 & 4)
- New Relic — $0.9 million (synthesized from Sources 1 & 6)
- SmartSheet — $75-80 million (synthesized from Sources 1 & 12)
- Pingdom — $63.7 million (synthesized from Sources 1 & 8)
- Prezi Inc. makes an estimated annual revenue of $30 million and has acquired one company (Infogram in 2017).
- Marketo had a revenue of $209.9 million in 2015.
- Trello had a valuation of $425 Million in 2017 and was acquired by Atlassian
- Yammer was acquired in 2012 by Microsoft.
- PagerDuty acquired one company Event Enrichment HQ in 2015 and had a valuation of $1.8 billion at the time of IPO on April 10, 2019.
Our first strategy was to search for information pertaining to the ending year value of start up companies using business news sources such as Yahoo! Finance, Business Insider and Venture Beat. We were unable to find the specific (2015) information for some companies such as PagerDuty, Trello, Marketo, and Prezi.
Our second approach was to look for the individual companies' websites to gather this information, but we found that no information was available there as well. We expanded our reach to the press releases from these companies, but we were unsuccessful.
Thirdly, we checked the annual reports for these companies but realized that the information was either missing or there were no annual reports. These companies are private companies and may not have this information publicly available to maintain a competitive edge.
We also used Crunchbase to gather information about the companies and to provide useful information for those that did not have their valuation publicly available. To provide the required details for startup companies and platforms according to the 2015 Okta Businesses at Work report, we used sources such as Forbes, Business Insider, Venture Beat, Crunchbase, financial reports and annual reports.