UK-based Experts in Geospatial: Part 1
Gareth Williams, Stephanie Trigg, and Jessica Sandhu are three United Kingdom-based experts whose work experience and education indicate or suggest a familiarity with the potential of geospatial data in the waste disposal sector. Both Williams and Sandhu had worked for Atkins in the past, while both Trigg and Sandhu had worked for the Environment Agency in the past. These consultants were deemed experts because of their experience level or the number of years they have worked in the field of waste and resource management, and their education.
- London-based Gareth Williams has been working as a senior consultant for waste and resource management at professional services firm Arup since January 2019.
- He has the MCIWM designation, which means he is a Member of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management.
- Before joining Arup, he was a senior consultant for international waste and resource management at Atkins. He had eight years and six months of experience working for Atkins, as he had worked at said business from July 2010 to December 2018.
- Williams is an experienced professional who has been working since March 2009. His first job was an environmental scientist for Green Field Science.
- As he has a bachelor's degree in geography and a master's degree in environmental consultancy, and he is a chartered waste manager, he is likely familiar with the applications of geospatial data in the waste disposal industry.
- He is knowledgeable in the use of geographic information system or GIS tools and technologies. When he studied geography at the University of the West of England, he learned about GIS and remote sensing.
- Williams claims expertise and interest in environmental impact assessment, sustainability, waste management, waste characterization, and waste analysis, with his industry knowledge spanning numerous topics including environmental consulting, waste, environmental compliance, environmental management systems, environmental science, and data analysis.
- Based in Guiseley, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, Stephanie Trigg is currently an independent consultant who works as a data and geospatial analyst. She describes herself as "a professional data and geospatial analyst with experience in water quality and solid waste management."
- She had over eight years of experience working for the Environment Agency. She worked for the Environment Agency as a water quality planning scientific officer from July 2001 to June 2002, a monitoring assessment and reporting officer from July 2002 to August 2008, and a project officer from June 2013 to June 2014.
- She had worked as a waste officer for the Contract Support and Intelligence unit of Wiltshire County Council from September 2008 to July 2010. As a waste officer, she was in charge of municipal waste data management.
- She has a master's degree in water and waste engineering, and she is a professional with several decades of experience under her belt.
- As someone knowledgeable in geospatial analysis and waste management, she is likely familiar with the potential of geospatial data in the waste disposal sector.
- She claims expertise and interest in geographic information system (GIS) mapping, data analysis, water quality management, and solid waste management, and knowledge in environmental compliance, sanitation, climate change, environmental policy, water resources, international development, environmental management systems, and environmental awareness.
- She is proficient in the use of ArcGIS and Quantum GIS.
- United Kingdom-based Jessica Sandhu has been working as a waste management consultant for SNC-Lavalin since February 2019.
- She had worked as an environmental consultant for Atkins from January 2015 to August 2018. As an environmental consultant for Atkins, she performed activities such as solid waste system design, waste management infrastructure optioneering, and construction waste reuse or recovery.
- She had also worked as a project officer for the Environment Agency from January 2017 to April 2017, and from January 2018 to February 2018. As a project officer, she performed landfill compliance reporting and landfill permitting.
- She has a bachelor's degree in environmental geology, and geological and earth sciences, and a master's degree in environmental diagnosis and management, and environmental studies, with both degrees given by Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Her expertise in environmental geology and waste management strongly suggests a familiarity with the uses of geospatial data in the waste disposal sector.
- Sandhu is highly skilled and interested in the following topics: environmental awareness, environmental impact assessment, environmental issues, groundwater remediation, and contaminated land.
- She claims proficiency in the use of GIS and ArcGIS, which are both tools used in the analysis of geospatial data.
- Sandhu's industry knowledge spans numerous topics including water quality, waste management, sustainability, remediation, environmental management systems, environmental consulting, environmental science, soil, and groundwater.