Aside from "numismatic" and "numismatics," people also use other numismatic-related keywords like "numismatic coins," "coins," "coin dealers," "coin dealers near me," and "coin values" among others. Detailed below is more information about numismatics-related keywords and most common coin- and banknote-related search terms. This spreadsheet has been completed with the requested data.
- The top eight websites that get the most organic traffic from the terms "numismatic" and "numismatics" are Money, Numismatics, APMEX, NGC Coin, SBC Gold, PNG Dealers, Numismaster, and Northeast Coin.
- The top keywords visitors of Money use before landing the website are "ANA" (12.49%), "numismatic" (9.84%), "coin collecting" (7.56%), "American Numismatic Association (6.47%), "numismatist" (5.43%), numismatics (2.97%), "coin dealers near me" (2.38%), "NGC" (1.55%), "coin dealers" (1.30%), and "coin dealer near me" (1.18%).
- Top keywords generating traffic for each website mentioned above can be accessed in tab 1 of this spreadsheet.
- Across all eight numismatic-related websites mentioned, the keywords people most often used, in descending order in terms of average traffic score, are numismatic, numismatics, numismatist, numismatic coins, numismatists, numismatic value, coins, coin dealers, numismatics coins, NGC, coin dealers near me, coin values, coin collecting, numismatic guaranty corporation, numismatic coins value, price of silver, coin dealer near me, coin dealer, numismatist near me, and numismatic coin values.
- Across all eight numismatic-related websites mentioned, the most common coin and banknote-related search terms, in descending order, are 1889 cc Morgan silver dollar, Morgan dollar, 1996 silver eagle, 1915 Austria gold ducat, 1915 gold coin, American gold eagle, gold American eagle, 1889 silver dollar, 1986 silver eagle, $10 Indian head gold coin, 100 corona, Italy roman gold coins, 1889 silver dollar value, 1889 Morgan silver dollar, silver Morgan dollar, gold Indian head coin, high relief peace dollar, $5 coin, 1922 high relief silver dollar, 1986 gold panda coin value, Austria gold 100 coronas, doubloons, 1921 silver dollar, silver eagle, 1922 silver dollar, silver dollar value, silver eagles, silver eagle coins, Carson City silver dollar, Indian head gold coin, Carson City Morgan dollar, liberty gold coin, and brasher doubloon.
- The complete competitive keyword analysis across all eight websites can be found in tab 2 of the attached spreadsheet.
OTHER HELPFUL FINDINGS
- According to Alexa's competitive analysis, the top competitors of NGC Coin in terms of audience overlap are PCGS, Numista, USA Coin Book, and CoinWeek.
- Keyword gaps of NGC Coin (keywords driving traffic to the website of competitors, but not to NGC Coin) are James Madison dollar coin, Indian head penny, liberty nickel, 2011 penny value, buffalo nickel value, 1942 quarter, Andrew Jackson dollar, bicentennial dollar, and 1964 nickel.
- Easy-to-rank keywords for NGC Coin are sell coins, sell coins online, 1964 nickel, 1976 quarter, buffalo nickel, 1945 dime, one dime, silver nickels, nickels, and silver bullion. These are keywords NGC Coin is more likely to rank for based on its competitive power score by Alexa.
- Buyer keywords of NGC Coin include NGC price guide, coin prices, silver dollar prices, Morgan silver dollar prices, Morgan silver dollar price guide, mercury dime prices, NGC word coin price guide, Morgan dollar price guide, best coin value site, and barber quarter prices. Buyer keywords are keywords that show high purchase intent.
- In terms of audience overlap, PMG Notes' competitors are PCGS Currency, Executive Currency, Paper Money Guide, and Old Currency Values.
- The top five keywords driving traffic to PMG Notes' website are pmg, paper money guaranty, pmg certification number, pmg grading, and world paper money price guide.
- Keyword gaps of PMG Notes are currency dealers, old currency, misprinted money, and currency collectors.
- Buyer keywords of PMG Notes are paper money price guide, PCGS currency price guide, online currency price guide, and currency price guide.
To provide more examples of numismatic terms that people are searching for in general, we first looked into the top websites that get the highest organic traffic for the terms "numismatic" and "numismatics" using the paid version of Alexa Competitive Analysis tool. The idea was to look for the keywords that people use before landing in these top numismatic-related websites.
After removing websites not specifically related to numismatics, like Wikipedia, Facebook, Investopedia, Google, YouTube, general blogs, and online dictionaries, from the results, here are the top websites that get the most organic traffic from the terms "numismatic" and "numismatics: Money, Numismatics, APMEX, NGC Coin, SBC Gold, PNG Dealers, Numismaster, and Northeast Coin. Screenshots of the full results have also been provided in the Google document attached.
Next, we created a competitive keyword analysis across all eight numismatic-related websites mentioned. The raw data of the analysis is provided in tab 2 of the attached spreadsheet. We then extracted the top 20 keywords that generate traffic across all websites (average traffic score) and wrote the results in our findings above. As additional findings, we also put the top keywords that people use before landing in each of the websites (tab 1).
For the most common coin and banknote-related search terms, since there is no tool to filter coin- and banknote-related terms, we manually looked into the top 200 keywords across these websites and only included those terms that are specifically citing a coin or a banknote.