Number of Patients and Visits to Select Charitable Clinics
Data for the number of patients and patient visits for the charitable organizations have been presented in the attached spreadsheet. A brief overview of the findings can be found here.
- The Good Samaritan Clinic Fort Smith receives 500 visits per months or 6,000 visits per year (500 * 12). The clinic has over 15,000 patients.
- Macon Volunteer Clinic had 5,034 patient visits in 2020 and 2,014 patients (5,034/2.5).
- Beacon Clinic for Health & Hope had 986 patients and 2,465 (986 * 2.5) patients visited the clinic in 2020.
- Atlanta Morning Center has 130 patients and receives 325 (130*2.5) visits per year.
- Blessing Health had 289,484 patient visits and 115,794 patients (289,484/2.5) in 2020.
- Catholic Charities of New Orleans serves 70,099 patients and receives 175,248 patient visits (70,099*2.5).
- That Neighborhood Clinic had 893 patient visits in 2019 and 357 patients (893 /2.5).
- Sheep Inc Health Care Center had 795 patient visits in 2019 and 318 patients (795/2.5).
- West Tennessee Healthcare serves 185,000 patients annually and gets 462,500 patient visits (185,000 * 2.5).
- Open Arms Health Clinic serves 3,500 patients annually and gets 8,750 visits (3,500 * 2.5).
- Sacred Heart Community Clinic gets 6,000 patient visits annually and has 2,400 patients (6,000/2.5).
- Watermark Urgent Care gets 40,000 patient visits annually and has 16,000 patients (40,000/2.5).
- Bethesda Health Clinic received 15,682 patient visits and has 6,273 patients (15,682/2.5) in 2020.
- Olde Towne Medical Clinic gets 1,350 patient visits annually and has 540 patients (1,350 /2.5).
- Safe Harbor Free Clinic gets 1,200 patient visits annually and has 480 patients (1,200/2.5).
- Samaritan’s Touch Care Center had 4,678 patient visits and 1,871 patients (4,678/2.5) in 2018.
- Mission Smiles had 674 patient visits and 270 patients (674/2.5) 2018.
- Westside Samaritans had 134 patient visits in 54 patients (134/2.5) in 2018.
- In 2018, Helpcare Clinic had 500 annual patients and 1,250 patient visits (500*2.5).
- Dickson Community Clinic had a total of 1,644 patients and 4,110 patient visits (1,644*2.5) in 2017.
Data for the number of patients and visits for some of the charitable clinics are not readily available in the public domain; we inserted "N/A" where applicable. To locate the requested data, we combed through annual reports, partner organizations websites, NGO databases like GuideStar; ProPublica, press releases, mentions on media sites, and also scanned through social media profiles of the clinics; unfortunately, information regarding the number of patients and visits per year was not available for some clinics.
We attempted to provide the most recent information available but for some clinics in Florida, we provided the 2018 data for patient visits as presented by the Florida Department of Health, when the most recent information was not readily available in the public domain. Also, the 2017 data for Dickson Community Clinic has been presented in the "helpful findings" section of our research.
For clinics that don't have data on patient visits, we multiplied the annual patients by 2.5 to estimate and divided by the number of annual patient visits by 2.5 to get the number of annual patients. Our calculations have been provided in the summary section of the research.