The North American EV Market - Major EV Manufacturers
- Chevrolet's headquarters are located in Detroit, Michigan.
- The company has sold over 200,000 electric vehicles.
- Chevrolet's overall revenue is $80.6 billion.
- Chevrolet currently offers the Bolt electric vehicle for sale.
- Tesla exclusively manufactures electric vehicles and its headquarters are located in Palo Alto, California.
- Tesla's 2019 revenue was $24.42 billion.
- The company currently offers three models of electric vehicles: Model 3, Model S, and Model X.
- Lincoln, a US car manufacturer, makes a Hybrid electric-gas version of their Aviator Model.
- Lincoln's headquarters are located in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Lincoln Motor Company has an annual revenue of $20.4 million.
We were unable to provide five US or North American electric vehicle manufacturers as there are only two manufacturers that currently produce electric vehicles in the US: Tesla and Chevrolet (GM). Other manufacturers that produce electric vehicles outside of the US and North America include Jaguar, Porsche, Kia, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Hyundai, and Volkswagen.
To determine the top electric vehicle manufacturers in the US, we first looked for a list that offers every electric vehicle model currently for sale in the US. Using this list, we eliminated the manufacturers that are not headquartered in the US. Next, we ranked the remaining US manufacturers by revenue.
We were unable to find the revenue of electric vehicles specifically for Chevrolet. A search of the company's financial records, as well as trusted publications such as Forbes and CNet, and databases such as Statista did not return any relevant results. We did find the number of electric vehicles sold, so we have included that figure as well as Chevrolet's overall revenue.