Nonprofit Competitors in Connecticut and New England
Nonprofit consulting agencies in Connecticut are The Strategy Group, Danosky & Associates, National Executive Service Corps (NESC), and Harvest Development Group. Additionally, nonprofits consulting firms located in the New England region are Ford Webb Associates, Starboard Leadership Consulting, LLC, Alan Cantor Consulting LLC, and Empower Success Corps.
The Strategy Group
- The Darien-based advisory firm provides transformative guidance to nonprofits. Some clients include the CT Council of Family Service Agencies, William Pitt Foundation, Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, LifeBridge Community Services, among others.
- Major services provided to nonprofits include organizational assessments, board development, transition management, strategic partnerships, among others.
- The Strategy Group acted as a consultant for optimizing corporate governance structure before the merger of Person-to-Person (P2P) and Christian Community Action (CCA). The agency was responsible for the integration of boards, systems, programs, and cultures.
- The agency designed an 8-month leadership development program for the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies, Inc. (CCFSA).
Danosky & Associates
- The action-oriented nonprofit consulting firm is based in New Milford, CT. Some clients include Cherub Improv Foundation, New England Carousel Museum, Goshen Land Trust, Feeding South Florida, The Connecticut Community Foundation, among others.
- Major services provided to nonprofits include board governance, fundraising, strategy planning, media communications, organizational development, collaborations, transition management, among others.
- Danosky can support and advise nonprofits about board recruitment, leadership training, governance, CEO transition, and other services.
- The agency also offers communications and advertising services like assessment audits, communication planning, story development, video training, among others.
National Executive Service Corps (NESC)
- Founded in 1977, the nonprofit has consulted more than 1,200 other nonprofits located in the tri-state region of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
- The nonprofit offers consulting services like board development, human resources, marketing strategy, partnerships, leadership coaching, and other services.
- To attract new audiences, the agency developed and implemented a new marketing campaign for Jazzmobile.
- The agency supported The Outreach Project to create a new marketing action plan for rebranding the project.
Harvest Development Group.
- The innovative consulting firm is based in Middletown, CT; the agency supports nonprofits to achieve full potential.
- Some notable clients for the agency include the American Cancer Society, The City of Groton, East Hartford Chamber of Commerce, Sagan University, among others.
- The agency offers specialized board development services like board onboarding, board benchmarking, training, performance assessment, coaching leadership roles, and others.
- Some other services offered by the group include staffing, consulting, training, client research, webinars, etc.
Ford Webb Associates
- The Massachusetts-based agency specializes in providing management consulting services to nonprofits. Some notable clients include Boston Foundation, Ford Foundation, India Foundation, Kaiser Family Foundation, Public Welfare Foundation, Physicians Foundation, among others.
- Some major services provided by the firm include organizational analysis, strategy consulting, attracting talent, screening, strategic assessment, and interview selection.
- The founder of the agency has successfully recruited more than 200 CEOs for nonprofit organizations; he has also recruited cabinet officers for nearly 47 governors in the US.
Starboard Leadership Consulting, LLC
- The Maine-based consulting firm offers services to notable nonprofits like Children’s Center, CSFCU, Maine Department of Health & Human Services, United Ways of Maine, YWCA of Central Maine, among others.
- Starboard Leadership Consulting provides advisory services like board governance, strategic planning, leadership transition, and organizational development services.
- Starboard has developed a board recruitment curriculum, “Board Boot Camp,” for the Maine Association of Nonprofits. Additionally, the consultants have authored governance handbooks and developed a self-assessment tool for board members, being used nationally.
Alan Cantor Consulting LLC
- Alan Cantor founded the New Hampshire-based consulting firm.
- Notable nonprofit clients for the agency include Child and Family Services of New Hampshire, Maine Association of Nonprofits, New Hampshire Children’s Trust, Vermont Works for Women, among others.
- Major services offered by the agency include campaign feasibility studies, strategic planning, campaign counsel, staff and board training, planned giving services, development assessments, and executive mentoring.
Empower Success Corps (ESC)
- The Boston-based firm offers customized consultations to nonprofits on unique needs like fundraising, leadership coaching, board development, marketing communications, strategic planning, among others.
- Notable nonprofit clients include the AIDS Action Committee, Cambridge Nonprofit Coalition, New England Forestry Foundation, Rhode Island Medical Society Foundation, among others.
- ESC developed a new branding and messaging theme for Rockingham Nutrition and Meals on Wheels (RNMOW). The firm successfully developed consistent communication, identified potential audience segments, redesigned the website, revised print materials, and increased social media distribution.