NFT Users: Demographic Profile and User Personas
- Millennials are the most likely age group to collect NFTs. About 23% of Millennial respondents collect NFTs as a hobby or an investment.
- The most commonly found NFT user personas are Talan George, Kaiya Kenter, and Terry Workman.
- Talan George is a user of NFT. Talan is a 32-year-old male.
The research brief contains a demographic profile and user personas of NFT users. Male millennials who earn between $25,000 and $150,000 are the most likely to collect NFTs.
NFT User Demographics
- According to a March 2021 survey by Morning Consult, Millennials are the most likely age group to collect NFTs. About 23% of Millennial respondents collect NFTs as a hobby or an investment.
- Gen Xers were the next most likely generation to acquire NFT. Based on the survey, 8% of them collect NFT.
- About 4% and the third generation to collect NFT were the Gen Zers.
- The generation least likely to collect NFTs was the baby boomers. Only 2% of Baby Boomers collected NFTs as a hobby or investment.
- According to a March 2021 survey by Morning Consult, men are the most likely age group to collect NFTs. About 15% of US male respondents collect NFTs as a hobby or an investment.
- The same survey revealed that only 4% of surveyed US females collect NFTs.
- According to a survey by Civicscience, about 5% of NFT users earned less than $25,000.
- About 2% and 3% of people who earned $25,001-$50,000 and $50,001-$75,000 invested in NFT, respectively.
- About 4% and 5% of people who earned $75,000–$150,000 and more than $150,000 invested in NFT, respectively.
- According to Google Source Trends, the United States ranked in 11th place out of 65 regions in terms of "the volume of keyword searches for NFT and non-fungible token topics."
- California, Hawaii, Nevada, Alaska, and New Jersey are the top 5 states where NFT users reside, according to Google Source Trends.
- According to Google Source Trends, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Diego, and Austin are the top 5 cities where NFT users reside.
- Talana George is a thriving designer with multiple years of experience working for prominent international companies.
- He has an online exhibition of art objects. He is currently learning modern technologies in art and NFT technologies.
- He wants to utilize the NFT marketplace to sell his art.
- Kaiya Kenter is a user of NFT. Kaiya is a 20-year-old female.
- She is a content creator by profession.
- Kaiya is currently a student at the University of the Arts London.
- She illustrates books and comics for a living.
- Kaiya uses the NFT marketplace for inspiration and ideas. She has a passion for pixel art and intends to use the NFT platform to increase her earnings.
- Terry Workman is a user of NFT. Terry is a 44-year-old male.
- He is a businessman by profession.
- Terry was formerly a financial analyst. Through the help of research and analysis, he has successfully built a cryptocurrency exchange business.
- Although the area of creativity is a new concept to Terry, he is currently in the process of learning. He intends to use the NFT platform as a channel to grow his business.
To provide the demographic profile and user personas of NFT users. The research team reviewed various surveys from companies, such as Morning Consult, Civic Science, and more. All the requested information was available and precompiled. We defined the most commonly found NFT user personas as users that are easily accessible in the public domain.