Advertising Industry; Social Media Updates and Press Scan
Mastercard withdrew from Facebook's cryptocurrency project, politicians can reserve advertising space for the 2020 election on YouTube, and American Eagle wants to be carbon neutral. Complete details on the news and updates relevant to US advertising and neuromarketing for Anheuser-Busch, Harman International, Boehringer Ingelheim, Gap, Twitch, Mastercard, and American Eagle are presented below.
1. Anheuser-Busch, Brand Sponsorships, and Esports: Jump in, the Beer is Fine
- The head of experiential marketing, Joe Barnes, didn't have enough data on if its light beer product 'mixed well' with esports.
- But they find a way to solve this problem by putting activation on games like Overwatch.
- This solution upped light beer social sharing during esports by 70%.
2. HARMAN and Spotify Collaborate to Usher In New Generation of Automotive Streaming Experience
- On September 26, 2019, HARMAN and Spotify announced their collaboration with integrating the Spotify app for the HARMAN Ignite automotive cloud platform.
- Spotify members can now access audio services with HARMAN Ignite digital ecosystem leveraged by automotive manufacturers.
- This collaboration also marked the extension of the partnership between the two companies.
3. Boehringer Ingelheim Completes Plant Expansion After $76 Million Georgia Investment
- $76 million was invested in the second-largest animal health business in the world at its site in Georgia.
- This resulted in expanding Boehringer's contribution to the global pet vaccine industry.
4. Gap's CEO Says the Retailer Wants to Shift Banana Republic from a 'Historically Skinny Brand' to One That's More 'Inviting'
- The Gap acquired Banana Republic in 1983.
- According to Bloomberg, Gap CEO, Art Peck, said that Banana Republic has a long-time reputation for being a 'skinny brand.'
- Peck said Banana Republic is overdue for a new perspective and must provide plus-sized options for its items.
5. Donald Trump Is Now on Amazon’s Twitch Streaming Service
- Donald Trump joined Twitch, an Amazon-owned company.
- His first broadcast was about his campaign rally.
- He also talked about refugees, celebrities and a political representative.
6. Facebook's Cryptocurrency Project Suffers Massive Blow as Mastercard, Visa, eBay, and Others Withdraw From Libra
- Along with Visa, eBay, Stripe, and Mercado Pago, Mastercard will no longer be a member of the Libra Association.
- Libra is a cryptocurrency project of Facebook.
- No Mastercard spokesperson provided any comment regarding this issue.
- A recent report from The Wall Street Journal suggested both Visa and Mastercard would withdraw.
7. American Eagle Sets Out Goal to Be Carbon Neutral
- American Eagle is currently aiming to become a carbon-neutral company by 2030.
- Compared to its last year's manufacturing operations, the company is working to reduce its carbon emissions by 40% by 2030 and 60% by 2040.
- The company has other plans to recycle and reduce throughout its manufacturing/retail flow to include its offices and stores.
US ADVERTISING AND NEUROMARKETING INDUSTRY UPDATES
1. YouTube is Letting Politicians Reserve Advertising Space for 2020 Election
- According to The Wall Street Journal, YouTube allows politicians to purchase ad space for their platforms.
- By November, politicians can start to purchase ad spaces for the 2020 election.
- The reservation purchases can be accessed through Instant Reserve, a new tool of Google Ads.
2. Twitter Admits It Provided Security Phone Numbers and Emails for Advertising
- Twitter enabled two-factor security for advertising purposes by using their users' contact information.
- Advertisers got the list of potential customers based on the Tailored Audiences system of Twitter which provided the list of its users' information.
- Twitter doesn't know how many of its users were affected by this issue.
- Twitter promised that no data was shared externally.
3. Instagram is Rolling Out New Ad Units in its Explore Tab
- For upcoming months, the Explore Tab on Instagram will be adding ads as a part of browsing.
- This experience will be the same as the main feed of the app.
- Instagram said this will be a help for advertisers "be part of what’s culturally relevant and trending, while reaching new audiences who are looking to discover something new."
4. Marketing Neuroscience Needs Deeper Rigor
- According to the Journal of Advertising Research, researchers must be more strict whenever the neuromarketing discipline reaches its full potential in marketing.
- Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy, CEO/Founder at Neurons, claimed that neuromarketing still has problems.