Social Media / Content Agency Selection Factors
There are many aspects to consider before investing time, money, and resources in a digital marketing agency. Some primary factors SMBs consider when hiring a digital/content marketing agency include their marketing goals, industry experience, agency’s history and reputation, services offered, and agency size.
- SMBs must first consider their marketing goals before hiring digital marketing agencies.
- Marketing goals include the SMB’s needs and expectations. There should be a definition of the services that an agency must offer, their specialties, and the time of the contract.
- The marketing goals show what an SMB intends to accomplish with the digital promotions.
- Various digital marketing agencies have different approaches and specializations. Hence, some agencies might not be helpful to some SMBs.
- Marketing goals is a key consideration because it will help SMBs to approach the right digital marketing agency that will help them achieve their goals.
- The marketing industry is constantly evolving, and new technological advancements are still experienced in the market.
- It is good for an SMB to look at the portfolio experience of a digital marketing agency with clients of the SMB’s size.
- SMBs should look at samples of content and campaigns done by a digital marketing agency for different clients.
- It is a good practice to hire a digital marketing agency that has experience and acquaintance on trends in digital marketing.
- It is worthy of preferring an agency with an elaborate experience in the digital marketing industry.
- This is a key consideration because a digital marketing agency that has sufficient industry experience can be well-versed with the marketing strategy that suits an SMB’s needs.
Agency’s History and Reputation
- SMBs must check the existence of these digital marketing agencies before hiring them.
- Many years of operation of an agency may represent more resilience and consolidation in the market.
- Digital marketing agencies established in this century may have all technological innovations and digital marketing updates integrated into their structures.
- The years of operation of an agency may be deceiving, and hence there is the need to look at other aspects that touch on the agency’s reputation, such as awards and news media.
- It is worth looking at the services that a digital marketing agency has added over time.
- Certifications and partnerships affect digital marketing agencies’ reputation. Agencies that operate as partners and are certified are more confident in delivering quality services.
- Awards show recognition of good work and give more credibility to digital marketing agencies. This serves as a public's point of reference.
- This is a key consideration because it not only gives a track record but also tells about the credibility of an agency in digital marketing operations.
- SMBs should know the services digital marketing agencies offers before they hire them.
- It is necessary to agree on a deal that an SMB is certain about what is going to be achieved.
- An SMB has to look at the packages a digital marketing agency offers and evaluate the nature of services they offer to their clientele.
- Services offered by a digital marketing agency is a key consideration because it helps an SMB to choose marketing services that are viable and achievable.
- It is a good practice to hire a digital marketing agency that has several categories of marketing services.
- Agency size is the capacity of a digital marketing agency to accomplish what they intend to do to market a business.
- Agency size includes aspects such as the number and quality of personnel to handle an SMB’s promotional campaigns.
- This is a key consideration because it tells whether the digital marketing agency can handle the business brand properly.
- Generally, an SMB should hire a marketing agency that has adequate capacity to promote its brand within the predefined time.
To find information about the primary factors SMBs consider when hiring a digital/content marketing agency, the research team consulted trusted articles, websites, and blogs. Factors were considered to be key considerations if they affect SMBs’ choices and decisions on the type, size, and quality of a digital marketing agency to hire. Based on the criteria and from these resources, marketing goals, industry experience, agency’s history and reputation, services offered, and agency size were identified as some primary factors SMBs consider when hiring a digital/content marketing agency.