Derma E's marketing strategy centers on clean beauty, natural ingredients, and eco-ethical integrity. These and other findings are outlined below. Derma E's campaign images are also in this Google Document.
Marketing Message - "Clean Beauty"
- Derma E's main marketing message is centered around clean beauty rooted in natural and eco-ethical ingredients.
- The company states that "DERMA E is proud to be one of the most prestigious clean beauty brands, with a longstanding commitment to our high eco-ethical standards."
- Derma E defines Clean Beauty as "part of a lifestyle that is mindful of what we put in our bodies and how we impact our environment."
- Because of this, the company has made a "Refuse to Use ™ List" of over 2,700 ingredients that compromise human health and the environment.
- The brand uses its "eco-ethical" credibility to stand out from competitors and lists only approved ingredients on its product labels.
- It also provides educational point-of-sale materials to its partner stores as well as comprehensive training materials for salespeople to better inform consumers.
- The company is active on social media and works on increasing its following in Instagram and Facebook.
- Derma E also works with influencers, bloggers and vloggers to organically market its products.
- Derma E's advertisement imagery juxtaposes natural elements such as fruit, leaves and flowers against its packaged products to highlight their natural ingredients.
- It also emphasizes benefits of its products and lists key natural ingredients.
- The company uses fresh and nature-themed colors such as green, orange, yellow, aqua and pink.
- Discounts and offers are often featured in the brand's ads to entice shoppers.
Target and Whole Foods
- Target markets Derma E products under its Natural Beauty section.
- Target's Natural Beauty products carry wellness icons such as 'Target Clean', 'Cruelty Free', 'Vegan' and others.
- There are 12 Derma E products available under Target's Natural Beauty section bearing multiple wellness icons such as non-GMO, Vegan, Biodegradable, Cruelty-Free and others.
- Whole Foods markets Derma E products under its Whole Body section.
- Whole Foods has held an in-store free skin evaluation and product giveaway session for Derma E in 2014.
- The Derma E product and brand was presented as a "salon skin treatment alternative".
- The brand's entire Natural Bodycare product line won Whole Foods Magazine's Best Skin Care award for the third time in 2011.
- Whole Foods's award acknowledges the best top-selling products in the natural products industry.
- Derma E's entire product line again won the award in 2014.
Derma E East (2019)
- Derma E held the Derma E East influencer and media event campaign in New York City this May 2019 together with agency AMP3 PR.
- The campaign engaged Derma E's influencers and promoted new natural products.
- These included natural facial skincare products such as Vitamin C Brightening Micellar Wipes and Vitamin C Instant Radiance Citrus Facial Peel.
- Derma E focused on providing its influencers with skin and wellness experience as well as activations.
- The event was shared on Instagram using the hashtag #dermaeeast which garnered up to 15,400 likes.
- Derma E also promoted the event in their Twitter account which had 12 likes and 2 comments.
- The brand also posted a YouTube video showing highlights of the event which garnered 158 views.