Nail Polish Brands for People of Color
Black Up Cosmetics, ManiMe, People of Color, Ellamila, OPI Nail Polishes, and Lauren B Beauty are six examples of nude nail polishes brands with collections and one offs polishes for people of color; however, the majority of the brands feature collections designed for all skin tones.
Black Up Cosmetics
- Black Up Cosmetics features a nude nail polish line dubbed, Nail Lacquers.
- The Nail Lacquers collection features a line of seven nude shades “dedicated to women of color.”
- Unfortunately, Black Up Cosmetics has not provided further information on this collection regarding its pricing and nude shades composition.
- ManiMe has a line of nude nail polishes dedicated to women of color.
- The nude nail polish collection is called, "Bare Your Nails,” and includes eight different shades.
- The shades include, “Venus Shell, NNN, Hi Sandy, Nice and Toasty, Yes Honey, Coco Lux, Smokeshow, and That’s Deep.”
- Each nude nail polish in the collection goes for $15.
People of Color Beauty
- People of Color Beauty markets numerous nude nail polishes exclusive for people of color.
- The black owned brand has two collections for brown and dark skin tones, namely “In the Nude Bundle and Queen Bundle.”
- The ‘In the Nude’ bundle' goes for $54 and includes five different shades — Creme de la ‘mel, pink sand, bronzed beauty, brown sugar babe, and mother of earth.
- Equally, the ‘Queen Bundle’ retails for $54 and includes five shades — Lili’uokalani, makeda, anacaona, rani Chennamma, and moremi.
- The ‘Me Collection’ by Ellamila features 10 different nail polish bottles of 7 ml.
- The colors in the collection are, “No Place Like Home, Pretty Princess, Ella's Pic, Isla's VIew, Twinkle Twinkle, Tropical Jungle, My Pool Party, Mila's Fave, Mango Pop, and Wheels on the Bus.”
- The collection is marketed to all skin tones and each nail polish in the collection retails for about $7.61, according to Amazon.
OPI Nail Polishes
- OPI Nail Polishes features a nude nail polish collection dubbed, “Shine Bright Holiday Collection” for all skin tones.
- The collection features a set of 12 limited edition shades, along with three exclusive glitters.
- Examples of these shades include, Red-y for the holidays, Puttin' on the glitz, Dressed to the wines, etc.
- Each shade in the collection goes for $17.99.
Lauren B Beauty
- Lauren B Beauty’s “Nude Collection” is an example of a nude nail polish line dedicated to all skin types.
- The collection features “five nude polishes plus nail polish remover pads and is ideal for women who love wearing neutral nail polishes.”
- The Nude Collection by Lauren B Beauty goes for $75, with an option to pay in four installments of $18.75.
Extensive searches across beauty and personal care databases, including nude polish reviews on sites like Makeup.com, among others did not feature many examples of brands with nude nail polishes dedicated to women of color. Most of the products marketed to women of color are primarily ‘one offs’ nude nail polishes and not collections. In this regard, we have included examples of brands with nude nail polishes targeting people of color, along with a few examples of brands with collections dedicated to all skin tones; however, with ‘one offs’ nude nail polishes for people of color.