Multi-Family Property Management Companies- San Antonio
We have identified 16 multi-family property management companies in the San Antonio, Texas area. We have identified the number of properties and units for each of the companies that were publicly available. The smallest was Mac Lamar Management with 3 properties and 73 units. Greystar appears to be the largest in San Antonio with 54 properties and 13,523 units. Although, Tarantino, Stonewall, and Allied Orion do not publicly list totals by location so we were unable to determine the exact number of units in San Antonio for those locations. The attached spreadsheet includes information on the company website, contacts, CEO/Owner, and property details.
Below you will find a variety of facts about each of the companies that we located during our research.
1. Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC- Bob Faith is the man behind Greystar. The company has more than 400,000 units globally and also does investment management and construction services. Greystar has 54 properties in the San Antonio area with 13,523 units.
2. United Apartment Group- This company is run by female President Carrie Girgus. In the past 22 years, the company has grown by 25 times its original starting number of units. United Apartment Group has 43 properties in the San Antonio area with 6,892 units.
3. The Lynd Co.- This company was originally started by Mr. Lynd Sr. His sons joined the company in 1995 and 1997, respectively and is now run by Adam Lynd. The company has invested over $1 billion in real estate transactions since inception. In 2015, they opened a 35-story complex in Miami and a 36-story complex in San Antonio. The Lynd company has 26 properties in the San Antonio area with 5,486 units.
4. Lincoln Property Co.- Tim Byrne is the CEO and President of the company. The company started in 1965 and its mission today is to "seamlessly blend comfort and convenience". Lincoln has 21 properties in the San Antonio area with 5,472 units.
5. Capstone Real Estate Inc.- Capstone is run by Grant Berkey. The company has been in business for over 20 years. Capstone has 20 properties in the San Antonio area with 4,002 units.
6. TI Communities- Christine Schoellhorn is the President and she manages the entire company with the Turner Multi-family impact fund. TI Communities has 12 properties in the San Antonio area with 4,000 units.
7. Pinnacle Living- Pinnacle was established in 1980 and is currently run by Rick Graf. The company has over 165,000 units globally. Pinnacle has 21 properties in the San Antonio area with 3,360 units.
8. Home Spring Residential Services- The company has been in business for over 75 years and has been focused on multi-family for the past 35 years. Home Spring has 11 properties in the San Antonio area with 2,350 units.
9. Catalyst Multifamily- Catalyst does both property management and renovation management for multi-family properties. It is run by Mike Phillips. Catalyst has 10 properties in the San Antonio area with 2,057 units.
10. USAA Real Estate Company- USAA does property and investment management, development and acquisitions, and commercial mortgage lending. USAA has 1 properties in the San Antonio area with 280 units.
11. Tarantino- Anthony Tarantino is the owner of Tarantino. The company has locations in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and Austin. Its goal isn't to be the biggest in the business, but to be the best. Tarantino does not publicly list how many properties are in the San Antonio area but have 50,000 units globally.
12. Stonewall Property Group- Stonewall is run by Bill Wheeler and has over 1,000 multi-family units in South Texas. Stonewall does not publicly list how many properties are in the San Antonio area. Each property ranges from 12 to 192 units.
13. Allied Orion Group- Allied Orion provides services for multi-family property management, acquisition and development, and construction services. The company is managed by owners Gene Blevins, Kirk Tate, and Tim Myers. Allied Orion does not publicly list how many properties are in the San Antonio area but have 114 properties and 22,344 units globally.
14. Mac Lamar Management- Mac Lamar has been around for a little more than 2 years now with headquarters in Corpus Christi but property locations in San Antonio. It is run by Michael MacCready. Mac Lamar has 3 properties in the San Antonio area with 73 units.
15. Anterra- Richard Hoffman is the President of Anterra. The corporate offices are located in Dallas and Austin, but the company does multi-family management throughout Texas. Anterra has 3 properties in the San Antonio area with 902 units.
16. Carbon Companies- Carbon Companies is a multi-state property management company with over $1 billion in completed and current projects. Carbon has 10 properties in the San Antonio area with over 2,267 units. 3 of the properties listed in San Antonio did not publicly list the number of units.
In summary, we have located 16 multi-family property management companies that were publicly available on the internet. Each of these has a location in the San Antonio area and many have multiple locations. The smallest was Mac Lamar Management with 3 properties and 73 units. Greystar appears to be the largest in San Antonio with 54 properties and 13,523 units. The attached spreadsheet contains details on each of the companies.