Movie/Film Brand Podcasts
The U.S. based movie/film brands such as A24, Marvel, Disney, and Blumhouse are using podcasts to build their brands, create thought leadership content, among others.
- Disney is producing its own podcasts. The company produces podcasts on various topics that focus on different issues that relate to their movies.
- Through Disney Digital Network, the company plans to release at least one podcast a year. In 2018, it was "Disney Backstage," which looks at stories behind the production of movies like the Lion King.
- Their sub-brands have their own podcasts such as Disney Backstage and Disney Eats.
- The podcasts have different staffs and guests who host them, especially when they are teaming with other channels, such as the Tastemade.
- The purpose of the podcasts is brand building.
- Blumhouse is an American film and production company. The company produces podcasts on multiple topics, and a different set of people generally handles each topic.
- Blumhouse uses both staffs and different guests to host their podcasts. The three main hosts are Rob Galluzzo, Elric Kane, and Rebekah McKendry. They also have guests such as Mick Garris and Alejandro Brugues, two of the director's behind the new horror anthology Nightmare Cinema.
- The sub-brands do not have their own podcasts.
- The guests on Blumhouse's podcasts are generally not celebrities, but they are subject-matter experts in the industry, such as Mick Garris and Alejandro Brugues
- Blumhouse has podcast topics geared towards thought leadership, especially as it relates to horror movies and those that are just for entertainment.
- Marvel produces podcasts on multiple topics, and a different set of people generally handles each topic
- The sub-brands have their own podcasts such as the Women of Marvel podcasts, Marvel's "Wolverine: The Lost Trail" podcasts, and Marvel's Pull List.
- The host and the guests are not celebrities but subject matter experts, such as Sana Amanat and Judy Stephens.
- Marvel changes hosts. For instance, the Women of Marvel is Hosted by Sana Amanat and Judy Stephens, while on the other hand, Ryan "Agent M" Penagos and Tucker Markus gives exclusive previews of all the new Marvel comics that will be waiting in stores.
- Marvel has podcast topics geared towards thought leadership, especially as it relates to horror movies and those that are just for entertainment. For instance, the podcast of the Women of Marvel assembles to show how people of all backgrounds are making a powerful and positive impact on the brand's stories.
- A24 produces and uses podcasting, and the company's first podcast was published in February 2018.
- The company's podcasts are curated by celebrities, such as Jonah Hill, Bo Burnham, Jason Schwartzman, and Alia Shawkat.
- A24 produces podcasts on multiple topics and regularly changes the host of its podcasts.
- A24'S podcasts are geared towards producing thought leadership content in the movie industry. They generally invite top producers and/or those involved in producing great movies and interviewing them on the subject.