Mortgage Industry - Reports
We have procured four pieces of research which provide statistical and data-based insights on the state of the US mortgage industry. The themes covered in each piece of research are affordability challenges for renters and homeowners, increased leveraging of digital technologies by industries, current lending activities and market expectations, and the continual growth of the housing market.
RESEARCH CONCERNING THE STATE OF THE US MORTGAGE INDUSTRY
1. NEW SURVEY REVEALS AFFORDABILITY CHALLENGES FOR RENTERS AND HOMEOWNERS
- The research report is based on a survey conducted by the mortgage organization Freddy Mac, in collaboration with Harris Insights & Analytics. The survey "collected data from 4,040 respondents over the age of 18, including 2,864 homeowners, 1,119 renters and 57 others."
- The report details the affordability issues faced by homeowners and renters due to the extra burden of expenses and how it is impacting the mortgage industry.
- A report based on a survey conducted by Fannie Mae's Economic & Strategic Research Group (ESR). The survey was done on "senior mortgage executives in February through its quarterly Mortgage Lender Sentiment Survey to gather the views of lenders about data strategy and technological innovation in general."
- The research found that due to the simple and streamlined demands of consumers, businesses are leveraging digital technologies to amp up their calculations, transactions, and consumer service and experience.
3. PROVIDING INSIGHTS INTO CURRENT LENDING ACTIVITIES AND MARKET EXPECTATIONS
- A detailed study of a quarter 2 survey by Fannie Mae in 2019. The survey was conducted by Fannie Mae's Economic & Strategic Research (ESR) group, conducted on "senior executives, such as CEOs and CFOs, of Fannie Mae’s lending institution customers.''
- The report provides its findings on how lenders' net profit margin outlook has turned positive since Q3 2016. The report also discusses how lender sentiment on consumer demands has hit a new high point and how the overall pace of credit easing has trended down.
4. LOW MORTGAGE RATE ENVIRONMENT SUPPORTS CONTINUED HOUSING MARKET GROWTH
- The research report is based on a survey study conducted by Freddie Mac's Economic and Housing research group.
- The research report details how the decline of mortgage rates in the first quarter of 2019 has resulted in a boost for the US housing market for the next financial year. The report also forecasts "overall GDP growth rate in 2019 and 2020 to be 2% and 1.8% respectively."