Top Mortgage Aggregators, Pt. 1
The top three mortgage aggregators in the United States are LendingTree, Bankrate, and Credit Karma. The names and websites of the top three aggregators have been populated in column A of the "Mortgage" tab in the attached spreadsheet.
- According to Housing Wire, LendingTree is one of the "top mortgage rate comparison sites" in the United States.
- Lending Tree's revenue from mortgage products was $242.2 million in 2018. The company's total revenue was $764.9 million.
- LendingTree was the "top mortgage company in the paid search category, garnering 28.2% of all clicks on the mortgage keyword group" in the period March 1–May 21, 2018.
- As of December 31, 2018, Bankrate had 909 employees.
- According to Housing Wire, Bankrate is one of the "top mortgage rate comparison sites" in the United States.
- Bankrate's total revenue in 2016 was $434.2 million. Its banking segment's (comprising mortgage and other products) revenue $101.4 million in 2016.
- Bankrate had a 12.6% click share--the third-most (after Quicken Loans)--in the "mortgage keyword group" paid search category in the period March 1 – May 21, 2018.
- As of December 31, 2016, Bankrate had around 600 employees.
- According to Housing Wire, Credit Karma is one of the "top mortgage rate comparison sites" in the United States.
- Credit Karma's 2019 revenue was nearly $1 billion.
- It had 700 employees in 2017.
While there was no mortgage aggregation revenue or market share metric available to compare all mortgage aggregators and determine the top three aggregators, we were able to identify the top aggregators based on a combination of factors among the following: company revenue, mortgage segment revenue, number of employees, mention as a top aggregator, and paid search click share. Other top "mortgage rate comparison sites" such as Zillow were also considered. Zillow's mortgage segment revenue was $100.7 million; however, its "mortgages segment includes financial results for advertising sold to mortgage lenders and other mortgage professionals, mortgage originations through Zillow Home Loans and the sale of mortgages on the secondary market, as well as Mortech mortgage software solutions".