Monthly Health System Scan: March, Pt. 1
The required information for the first ten U.S. health systems have been provided in the attached spreadsheet. CommonSpirit Health, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Atrium Health, Prime Healthcare Services, and Mercy have published at least one news release/statement on the topics of interest in the past month. Tenet Healthcare, Community Health Systems, LifePoint Health, Bon Secours Mercy Health, and Baylor Scott & White Health have not published any news releases/statements on the topics of interest during the same period.
- On March 17, 2020, CommonSpirit Health announced that it would suspend sending "patient bills related to the testing and treatment of COVID-19."
- On March 14, 2020, the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center announced that it had developed a test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- On March 2, 2020, Atrium Health announced that its virtual care program called Atrium Health Virtual Visit would be expanded to include pediatric care.
- On March 5, 2020, Prime Healthcare Services announced that it is prepared for COVID-19.
- On March 16, 2020, Mercy announced that it would limit "visitors to one per patient" at all clinics to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.