Money Management Skills Resources
'Mint', 'You Need A Budget', 'WhiteBoard Finance', 'TruFinancials' and 'Personal Finance Made Clear' are some resources that assist the average American in learning better money management or personal finance skills. Below we have presented the complete list of resources along with their details.
- It is one of the leading personal finance apps that help Americans track their bills, debt payments, payment reminders, and set monthly budget limits.
- It also provides tutorials and videos that help in learning money management skills and evaluate various money management products such as checking and savings accounts, brokerage accounts, retirement accounts, credit cards, and certificates of deposit (CDs).
- It is a personal finance app that is aimed at improving the financial literacy of the users while they manage their money.
- It provides video tutorials to help its users learn about some of the tougher financial topics, which they encounter while managing their money.
- It is a YouTube channel by influencer Marko that is aimed at providing viewers with actionable content that enables them to create financial wealth.
- It is a YouTube channel by influencer Denis that helps Americans learn about personal finance, investing, and retirement.
- The videos are centered around monthly budget planning, personal debt management, investment basics, budget reports, saving money, learning about retirement accounts, and more.
- It is a YouTube channel by Joseph Hogue, who is a CFA. The channel provides learning about debt and money management skills as well as financial planning to the average American families.
- It is a podcast which is hosted by the personal finance guru Dave Ramsey. The podcast provides information about the various basic personal finance topics like debt, retirement, investing, marriage, and insurance.
- It is a podcast which is hosted by Mindy Jensen and Scott Trench. It provides learning about the various money management skills like saving more, spending smartly, etc to the average American through interviews with the financial influencers.
- It is a YouTube channel by influencer Ryan Scribner that helps an average American learn the basics of investing as well as personal finance skills.
- It is a YouTube channel that talks about the basics of personal finance and investing in an engaging manner and hence is best suited for an average American, even if one is a total beginner.
- It is a YouTube channel that is aimed at improving financial literacy and "making personal finance more accessible through storytelling."
- It provides a platform for average Americans to share their personal finance stories and their learning for others to follow.
- It is a personal finance tool that acts as a low-cost personal financial advisor for an average American and provides personalized recommendations, thereby assisting in better money management.
12) Nick Carroll
- It is a YouTube channel that helps viewers learn the various concepts of personal finance and money management through entertaining and engaging videos.
- The videos are humor based and deal with personal finance topics like debt repayment, saving and investing money, and achieving financial freedom.
- It is a personal finance software tool that helps users with budget creation, savings goals, debt tracking, and even investment coaching.
- It is an engaging, interactive and extremely informative YouTube channel that helps users get answers to their various personal finance queries and learn about budgeting, debt elimination, investing and more.
- It is a podcast by Clark Howard that helps listeners establish a solid base in personal finance, with a focus on saving money and avoiding scams. The podcast is interesting, engaging, and easy to comprehend.
- It is an extremely informative, fun, and engaging podcast that deals with a variety of personal finance and money management topics like saving for a house, saving for a vacation, etc.
- The listeners also learn from and relate to the personal experiences and hardships shared by the hosts.
17) Better Off
- It is a podcast hosted by Jill Schlesinger, a certified financial planner. It aims to break down complex personal finance issues into simple, easy to comprehend topics for an average person.
- The podcast deals with a variety of money management topics like retirement planning, early retirement, mortgage repayment, taking out a second lien, etc.
- It is a YouTube channel run by influencer Dominique Henderson. It helps individuals attain financial literacy, learn about their money management matters, and experience "financial contentment".
- It is a YouTube channel that aims to provide an easy to understand and practical training program to viewers around the management of personal finances and investments.
20) Divas R Frugal
- It is a YouTube channel hosted by Divas R Frugal and is targeted towards educating women about their personal finance matters and handle money management stress through goal setting tips.
- It is a podcast hosted by Alison Southwick and Robert Brokamp that aims to provide listeners with practical money management tips and form a deep understanding of the various personal finance concepts.
22) Planet Money
- It is a podcast that aims to educate listeners about the impact of the economy on their personal finance matters. It aims to break down complex fundamental problems into simple terms and narrate them in an engaging and fun manner.
- It is a YouTube channel hosted by influencer Denis and deals with educating viewers about personal finance, investing, and retirement.
- It deals with a variety of money management topics like monthly budget planning, getting out of debt, budget reports, how investing works, saving money, learning about retirement accounts, and more.
- It is a YouTube channel created by Jeremy and has over 400k subscribers. It aims to help viewers learn about the concepts of investing, personal finance, and entrepreneurship in a simple and an engaging manner.
- It is an extremely popular financial podcast hosted by Joshua Sheats. It covers a wide variety of personal finance and investing topics and draws upon the analysis by industry experts.
The research team has used various media articles, industry reports, finance blogs, and industry expert recommendations in order to compile the required list of 25 resources that assist in learning better money management or personal finance skills. The team has made sure to include resources that cover the basics, are easy to understand, and have been found to be engaging and popular by a variety of audience, so that they are well suited for an average American.