Mobile Gaming Industry Statistics
According to a Newzoo report, the mobile gaming market is currently worth about $68.5 billion dollars, with a 10% year-over-year growth rate. The top 10 largest mobile gaming companies include Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet, Tencent Holdings, Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Take-Two Interactive, Bilibili, and Glu Mobile
US Mobile Gaming Market
- According to eMarketer, the United States Mobile gaming market recorded revenues of $849 million, $1 billion, $1.02 billion, $1.04 billion, and $1.2 billion for the years 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively.
- Ad support accounted for 6.5% of mobile gaming revenues in 2010 and 12.3% of the total in 2014.
- Based on the Statista report, the United States mobile gaming market recorded revenues of $3.04 billion, $7.5 billion, $8.4 billion in 2015, 2016, and 2017 respectively.
- According to Statista, the mobile gaming segment is going to grow to $9 billion in 2018. "The market as a whole, including computer and console games, is estimated at $16.4 billion. However, NewZoo publishes different figures: according to the source, in 2018, the US mobile market will reach $15.5 billion, with a total game market volume of $30.4 billion. This difference is because Statista does not take into account the console game market."
- The mobile games market produced $9.6 billion and $10 billion in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
The global mobile gaming market
- Based on Gartner's report, mobile gaming was about $6.7 billion in 2010. with a growth rate of 10 percent.
- In the year 2011, mobile gaming recorded a revenue of $8 billion.
- In 2012, mobile gaming recorded a revenue of $12.7 billion.
- According to NewZoo, The global revenue for mobile gaming was around $17 billion, $25billion, and $30 billion in the year 2013, 2014, and 2015 respectively.
- According to a report on the app economy by market researcher App Annie, the 2015 global mobile gaming market was worth $34.8 billion.
According to Newzoo, the global mobile gaming market is forecasted to record $38.6B, $46.1B, $52.7B, $59.2B and 64.2B in 2016,2017, 2018,2019, and 2020 accordingly.Growth rate
- The global mobile gaming market recorded revenue growth of 18% in 2012 to 57% in 2020.
Using the CARG calculator
The US mobile gaming recorded $850Million in 2010 and $10 billion in 2020, for 10 years.
The US mobile gaming growth rate is 1.6 %
Largest mobile gaming Companies
The top 10 largest mobile gaming companies include Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet, Tencent Holdings, Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Take-Two Interactive, Bilibili, and Glu Mobile.
- Apple has a market cap of US$2.01 trillion. "In 2020’s third quarter, gamers spent US$11 billion in Apple’s App Store, topping the previous year’s Q3 revenues by 25 percent."
- Microsoft has a market cap of US$1.63 trillion.
- Alphabet has a market cap of US$1.09 trillion. "In the third quarter of 2020, Google Play accounted for 25 billion of 33 billion total app downloads for revenues of US$10 billion."
- Tencent Holdings has a market cap of US$693.74 billion. "As one of the leading esports studios in the world, League of Legends creator Riot Games has sold franchises for US$10 million."
- Activision Blizzard has a market cap of US$62.3 billion. "the company launched Call of Duty as a mobile game in October 2019. In its first year, the game reached 300 million downloads."
- Electronic Arts have a market cap of US$36.65 billion.
- Take-Two Interactive has a market cap of US$18.67 billion
- Bilibili has a market cap of US$15.65 billion. "In the second quarter of 2020, Bilibili’s revenues came in at US$370.5 million, up 70 percent from the same quarter in the previous year"
- Glu Mobile has a market cap of US$10 billion. "In the second quarter of 2020, Glu reported the best financial results in its history, with revenues rising 40 percent over the same period in the previous year to reach US$133.3 million."