The minority led or founded companies were reviewed to ensure the companies were still active. Missing information, including contact information, linkedin profiles and descriptions was added. Six of the companies are no longer active, and were moved to a new tab in the project spreadsheet. An additional 62 companies were identified that have a Black C-suite executive or founded and fit the industry criteria. The requested information for each company can be found in the attached project spreadsheet.
- Progressly was acquired by Box.
- Edgecase (formerly Compare Metrics)'s website redirects to Groupby, it was determined that Groupby acquired Edgecase in 2017.
Minority Founded/Led Companies
- Afriex was founded by John Obirije, and Tope Alabi. The platform lets people send and receive money all over the world.
- Ross Intelligence is an artificial intelligence company for lawyers. The company was founded by Andrew Arruda, and Jimoh Ovbiagele.
- Shamrck is a business management suite for small businesses powered by human-assisted artificial intelligence. Sheffie Robinson is the company's founder and CEO.