Millennial Men - Statistics: Sex and Relationships, Religion, Social causes and Politics.
Below are 20 statistics surrounding the opinions and attitudes of men in the millennial age group about sex and relationships, religion, social causes and politics.
SEX AND RELATIONSHIPS
- In 2018, 28% of men between 18 and 30 years old were not having sex.
- According to a survey on digital dating, 38% of millennial men have ghosted (cutting off all communication) someone, mostly because they feel that their date's profile picture "was a misinterpretation of their looks in real life".
- Fifty-eight percent of millennial men have stretched the truth "to seem cooler" in a dating application.
- Forty-one percent of them would marry someone who earns more than them to help pay off their debts.
- Fifty-seven percent of this population agree that wealth is an important element when choosing a partner.
- Thirteen percent of male adults who attend religious services are young "millennials".
- Eleven percent of male adults who attend religious services are old "millennials".
- Forty-nine percent of younger Catholic "millennials" are men.
- Thirty-nine percent of young Millennial men have "signed an online petition" for a social cause.
- Thirty percent of them have actively helped a social cause they care about.
- Eighteen percent of men who belong to the Millennial age group have "donated money for a campaign".
- Forty-one percent of this population say that the lack of information surrounding the cause is a reason they do not want to get involved in specific campaigns or causes.
- Sixteen percent of them say the reason for not getting involved in a social cause is potential criticism.
- Thirty-nine percent of millennial men identify themselves as socialists or democratic socialists.
- Thirty-seven percent of them are more likely to vote for the candidate who calls him or herself a "socialist".
- Twenty-two percent of them have participated in a political "protest or demonstration".
- Thirty-seven percent of this population "prefer a male candidate".
- Fifty-three percent of them incline toward having a heterosexual candidate.
- Forty-two percent of millennial men are in disapproval on how Donald Trump has managed the presidency.
- Thirty-five percent of male in the millennial age group are in favor of impeaching Trump.
Our team included a 2014 survey from Pew Research Center (PRC), as it is an authority for large surveys with the highest methodological standards. The survey we used, "Adults who attend services weekly or more who are men", is based on interviews with more than 35,000 Americans from all 50 states and is the latest survey that PRC has on the subject. In addition, this survey has been repeatedly referenced in many sources from 2018 and 2019, and was published in a series of reports much after 2014.