Microsoft Teams: Case Studies
Two case studies of companies that use Microsoft Teams and integrate it with third-party applications are Air France and Helsinki University.
- Air France is one of the leading airlines in its standard workflow that has adopted the capacity of Office 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Air France staff responsible for check-in and boarding facilities are now using Microsoft Teams to connect with colleagues in the field instead of relying on radios to communicate.
- Sylvain Goletto, IT Exploitation Manager for Air France says, "Previously, our firstline staff, such as ground crew, and their managers had no way to share information, making it difficult to work as a team to ensure our passengers received great customer service."
- Managers share a daily overview of ground crew schedules and responsibilities in OneNote that are stored in Microsoft Teams, and staff add these notes during the day so that everyone from check-in to boarding gate can work better together to guarantee a seamless passenger loading process.
- Gilles Gateau, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, at Air France states that “Today, we are one of the leading airlines in terms of the tools that we make available to our employees. With our mobile work environments built on Office 365, it’s easy to see how global collaboration improves operational performance and drives future opportunities.”
- With collaboration and communication at the core of teaching profession, The Viikki Teacher Training School at the University of Helsinki chose Microsoft Office 365 and its collaboration features such as Teams, to empower collaboration between students and their teachers.
- Jani Kiviharju, Mathematics and ICT teacher at the Viikki Teacher Training School reports, "“With Teams and OneNote, there’s finally a great way to share and distribute materials that have been used in class, and it’s easier to continue with things where we left off.”
- The University of Helsinki is also preparing today's educators as one of the world's leading educational institutions, with the expertise and tools they will need to keep up with the technological knowledge of future student generations.
To provide case studies of companies that use Microsoft Teams and integrate it or have integrated it with third-party applications, we leveraged company websites such as Microsoft and technology sites such as TechRepublic. After scouring through these sources, we were able to find pre-compiled data on case studies of companies that use Microsoft Teams and integrate it or have integrated it with third-party apps. It is important to note that Microsoft Teams is an integrated collaboration platform integrated with apps such as Microsoft's online office suite Office 365, which means it is tied to other Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel, as well as its cloud storage and sharing applications such as SharePoint. PowerPoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI and Delve are also integrated with Teams. Therefore, it is evident that all companies that use Microsoft Teams have access to all these integrated third-party apps as a result. Some of these companies include Air France and ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE whose case studies have been discussed above in the key findings section.