Micro Instagram Influencers
Most influencers in Germany are Micro-influencers (43%). They have a more niche following that is highly involved with a strong connection. The attached spreadsheet has a list of micro-Instagram influencers in technology, art, and activism.
Best Practices in Partnering with Instagram Influencers.
Choose Influencers who are Actively Engaging Their Audience
- Engagement Rate(ER) is commonly used to determine how influencers connect with their audience. Contents with many comments and likes have a high chance of appearing organically on an Instagram feed. Paying attention to comments and likes also helps in knowing how the influencers' followers are involved in a conversation.
- The average engagement rate of nano-influencers (1K-5K followers) in Germany is 7.14%, while micro-influencers (5K-20Kfollowers) is 3.38%. Nano-influencers have stronger connections with their audience hence having a higher ER.
- The average interaction for German nano- influencers is 157 likes, five comments, and 3.18 likes to comments, while micro-influencers is 334 likes, seven comments, and 2.15 likes to comments.
Ensure the Influencers are not Involved in Fraud
- Research shows that a significant number of Instagram influencers in Germany are involved in fraud, whereby they manipulate the number of their engagement and followers. They are buying likes and comments in bulks to generate more income from brands.
- Besides, several websites and apps help influencers create more likes, followers, and comments quickly. Research shows that about 22.64% of nano-influencers and 31.23% of micro-influencers are involved in fraud.
- These anomalies can be detected by "checking the Followers graph that shows the dynamics of followers growth." Instagram accounts that have fraudulently increased the number of their followers will show rapid rises and hockey-stick growth. More than 9.88% of influencers with 5-20K followers have irregularities in their followers' chart.
Set Partnership Goals
- Defining your goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) is vital before engaging an influencer. This will help in determining the effectiveness of your strategy. Your approach should SMART, i.e., specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely.
- Discussing with the influencers how the partnership will work is also essential to achieving your project's goals. This includes the project's timeframe, campaign type, i.e., "will the influencers share a sponsored post? Will they write a review, or do you want them to promote giveaways and contests?"
- Communicating your expectations will help avoid future problems. Nonetheless, allow the influencers to have the freedom of being creative to produce content that will resonate with their audience. Also, note that the influencer keeps the content ownership, but you can request full content usage rights.