Merkle Marketing Solutions Competitive Position
In terms of customer perception, Merkle has been recognized by their different awarding bodies for its services. Also, Samsung Electronics America used Merkle’s proprietary neuro-analytics marketing approach and received the Oracle Markie Award for "Best Use of Data," as they saw extremely favorable results such as improved customer experiences and return on investment using it. Merkle's products and services portfolio which includes customer strategy, digital media, customer experience and engagement, loyalty, data, analytics, and marketing technology is broader compared to its competitors.
MERKLE MARKETING SOLUTIONS
- Merkle products and services portfolio includes customer strategy, digital media, customer experience and engagement, loyalty, data, analytics, and marketing technology.
- Merkle’s Customer Strategy services apply data and analytics within each step of the marketing process.
- Merkle’s Customer Strategy services support experience and personalization, customer loyalty marketing, performance media, and customer relationship management.
- Merkle’s Customer Strategy products include M1TM which is Dentsu Aegis Network's 100% people-based insights, planning, and activation platform, DataSource which is Merkle’s proprietary data set that fuels omnichannel, people-based marketing, and Rapid Audience Layer, a cloud-based data management solution that allows fast analysis, insights, and visualization of data.
- In delivering the company’s customer strategy services, Merkle partners with leading technology providers such as Adobe Experience Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Pega Marketing, Salesforce Solutions, and Google Cloud Platform and the Google Marketing Platform.
B. Digital Media
- Merkle’s customer strategy services include media strategy and planning, search engine optimization (SEO) services, search engine marketing (SEM & PPC), voice search discovery, product listing ads (PLAs) and feed management, Baidu advertising and SEO services, programmatic media and display, social media marketing, and Amazon marketing and advertising strategy services.
- Merkle's media strategy & planning services utilize 3D communication planning process, support performance media, and have products & strategic partners' lineup similar to customer strategy.
- Merkle's search engine optimization (SEO) services use custom-built tools including TechnicalSEO.com, support experience, and personalization with products & strategic partners' lineup similar to customer strategy.
- Merkle's search engine marketing (SEM & PPC) services focus on industry-leading PLA and Google shopping, ad marketplace, Facebook, and Pinterest platforms, Proprietary Adaptive Portfolio Bidding, custom analytics, and Google customer match.
- Merkle's Voice Search Discovery uses its Voice Active Listening (VAL) product to “help brands understand their share of conversations (SOCs) and discover new voice search conversations to pursue and win.”
C. Customer Experience & Engagement
- Merkle’s customer experience & engagement services include user experience (UX) and digital optimization, performance-based design and creative services, and email marketing and digital messaging.
- Merkle's user experience (UX) & digital optimization service support experience and personalization, and customer relationship management and has products & strategic partners' lineup similar to customer strategy.
- Merkle's performance-based design & creative services employ its proprietary neuro analytics research capability.
- Merkle's email marketing and digital messaging make use of Adobe, Salesforce, and Oracle.
- Merkle’s customer loyalty marketing platform is called LoyaltyPlus, a cloud-based life cycle marketing suite that drives customer identification, engagement, and retention for major brands plus it integrates with numerous systems via API, Bulk API, or SFTP-based data feeds.
- Merkle provides data acquisition, activation & management support experience, and personalization, customer loyalty marketing, performance media, customer relationship management, and enterprise technology services.
- Merkle has a Data Valuation Lab which focuses on delivering predictive power, cost, accuracy, descriptive power, coverage.
- Merkle’s analytics services include personalization and decision orchestration, digital and web analytics, customer segmentation, business intelligence, attribution & measurement, and audience management and activation.
G. Marketing Technology
- Merkle’s marketing technology services include a marketing technology strategy, data processing & customer data integration (CDI), hosted and managed marketing database services, marketing cloud platforms, marketing systems integration, and rapid audience layer (RAL).
- Merkle markets its services to customers from industries such as consumer goods (CPG), financial services, health, insurance, media & entertainment, nonprofit, retail & e-commerce, tech, travel, wealth management, and B2B.
- Merkle clients include Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations such as Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others.
- Samsung Electronics America received the Oracle Markie Award for "Best Use of Data" by using Merkle’s proprietary neuro analytics marketing approach which they saw extremely favorable results such as improved customer experiences and return on investment.
COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE AGAINST ITS COMPETITORS
- Unlike most of its competitors (except for RRD Multichannel Marketing Communications), Merkle grows and obtains more success by acquiring different companies and creating subsidiaries.
- Merkle has now 19 companies under it, 15 of which are acquisitions including Filter Digital, Namics AG, Amicus Digital, Pointmarc, and more.
- Unlike its competitors, Merkle has a broader products and services portfolio.
- One of Merkle's strong points stems from each of its service offerings which help the company in delivering high-performance services to its partners and ensuring success.
- Merkle's strategic partners are Adobe Experience Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Google Marketing Platform, and Pega Marketing.
- Merkle's marketing technology partners are IBM, RedPoint, Lytics, and Tableau.
- Merkle's media technology partners are AOL Advertising, Twitter, Amazon Media Group, Yahoo, MOAT, 4C, MediaMath, and Adelphic.
- Merkle's data partners include AOL Advertising, Compass, Datalogix, Check Express, Equifax, Infutor and Schober.
- Merkle and its network are recognized worldwide by different well-known organizations as one of the best in the advertising industry because of its marketing solutions and services, its product portfolio, as well as in both diversity and inclusion.
- Merkle's 64 awards include Chief Marketer 200, MediaPost's Agency of the Year Awards, Google’s Premier Partner Awards 2018, U.S. Search Awards 2018, Econsultancy Top 100 Digital Agencies, The Forrester Wave: Customer Database and Engagement Agencies, Champion of the Year at the 2018 Bing Agency Awards, and The Drum Search Awards, 2018 MM&M Agency 100.
- Merkle is considered to be small compared to its competitors.