Medical Industry B2B Email Best Practices Part 2
Examples of email best practices within the medical industry in segment lists for B2B sectors and sending tailored B2B emails to segmented audiences include authenticating lists and making emails mobile-friendly (respectively). Refer to the attached presentation (slides 4 and 5) for more details on the identified best practices.
BEST PRACTICES FOR B2B SEGMENT LISTS
- Use accurate data to build segment lists.
- It is the best practice to build on segment lists based on accurate data to allow for better engagement with the target audience and improve lead acquisition.
- Tactfully built segment lists allow for targeted content that increases interest and engagement rates among healthcare businesses and professionals.
- Examples of data that are used to create segment lists include email engagement behavior, buyer persona and firmographics (company size, email, revenue, industry, etc.).
- Authenticate segment lists.
- It is important to have a top-notch system that allows for verification that permission is granted to email the identified recipients. It reduces the hard bounce rate and also protects a domain from getting blocked or blacklisted.
- It is important to avoid purchasing email lists to reduce the effects of having strangers as recipients who may mark the email as spam or junk thereby affecting email deliverability and IP reputation.
BEST PRACTICES FOR SENDING TAILORED B2B EMAILS
- Provide relevant content for segmented audiences.
- Relevant content plays a major role in increasing engagement rates among targeted businesses. It means sharing information that meets their specific business interests and needs.
- Most businesses and healthcare professionals would be interested in relevant and informative educational content that helps them perfect their service delivery.
- Examples of such content include the latest treatment options and innovations in the industry among others.
- Make e-mails mobile-friendly.
- Research shows that 55% of professionals open their emails on mobile devices. As B2B emails target professionals within organizations, making such content mobile-friendly will ensure that the target audience (businesses) will receive it conveniently over their mobile devices.
- Before sending any email, it should be tested against multiple browsers and mobile devices to ensure that subscribers get a great experience.
- Examples of email best practices include the following:
- Image 1: Shows an example of an email whose content is relevant, informative and tailored towards the targeted audience (neurosurgeons).
- Image 2: The image shows the important aspects (by percentage) to consider in tailoring emails towards the segmented audiences in B2B marketing including in the healthcare industry. They include, among others, ensuring engaging content and data analysis to the target audience.
STRATEGY FOR DETERMINING BEST PRACTICES
We leveraged expert blogs, thought leadership articles and industry publications to fulfill this research. We identified a multitude of best practices and selected those that were repeated across multiple sources and those that were relevant to the medical industry, as well as focused on B2B sectors. We also focused on sources that were fronted by experts and thought leaders in the industry. We selected the best practices that were cited in at least two reviewed articles.
STRATEGIES FOR IDENTIFYING EXAMPLES AND SCREENSHOTS
To address the research request, our initial aim was to search through press releases, news outlets, and marketing leader resources such as PRNewswire, Newswire, CoSchedule, and OptinMonster, among others, to identify examples and screenshots of emails demonstrating best practices in the medical industry regarding segment lists and sending tailored B2B emails to the segmented audiences. We also searched through various health reports on sites such as HealthLink Dimensions, Healthcare Data Solutions, Medical Marketing Service, and Constant Contact to identify examples and screenshots of emails demonstrating best practices in the medical industry regarding segment lists Next, we identified some top medical companies by revenue such as Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, ThermoFisher and PHILLIPS among others and researched each of them individually to find examples of emails that they used to market their products to other business. This strategy proved futile as we they did not publish their email content.
An extensive search through expert blogs revealed one example of educative email content from Kuno Creative. Even though the email example had been included as part of other slides in this research, we thought it was important to include it here because it shows an example of an email whose content is relevant, informative and tailored towards the targeted audience and based on our research, additional examples did not exist. We concluded that information was lacking because most healthcare B2B companies do not publicize proprietary information regarding communication between them and other businesses.