Medical Device Software
The revenues generated from software by Medtronic, Fresenius, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, and Siemens Healthineers are $2.1 billion, $3.688 billion, $3.464 billion, $2.888 billion, and $1.661 billion respectively. More information on the topic has been presented below.
Medical companies' software revenue
- According to Medtronic's 2018 annual report, the net sales for its software amounted to $2.1 billion. The sales experienced an increase of 11% as compared to the previous fiscal year (2017).
- According to Fresenius' 2018 annual report, the net sales for its software products increased by 1% to €3,283 million ($3.688 billion) in 2018.
3. Philips Healthcare
- According to the company's 2018 annual report, the total sales for its software (Connected Care & Health Informatics) amounted to €3,084 million ($3.464 billion).
4. GE Healthcare
- According to the company's 2018 annual report, the net sales for its healthcare software products amounted to $2.888 billion.
5. Siemens Healthineers
- According to the company's 2018 annual report, the total sales for its software products amounted to €1,479 million ($1.661 billion).
your research team applied the following research strategy:
We started the research by searching across the latest (2018) annual reports of the respective companies to see if they reported their software sales. We were able to successfully find their respective revenues generated by the software products/segment. Thereafter, we used a money converter to convert the revenue of Fresenius, Philips Healthcare, and Siemens Heathineers into dollars as the revenues were provided in euros. The conversion has been shown below.