Medical Billing Software: Competitive Analysis
- Most of the companies had a nationwide (United States) geographic footprint.
- All the companies provided were headquartered in the United States.
- All the companies targeted medical practices and medical billing companies as their customers.
A competitive analysis of the companies provided has been filled in the attached spreadsheet. Additional information like the company’s description, their headquarters, and websites have also been provided. A summary of one of the companies has been highlighted below.
- EZClaim is a "medical billing and scheduling software company that provides a feature-rich practice management system specifically tailored for the small to medium-sized provider office and outsourced medical billing firms."
- The company is headquartered in Michigan, United States, and covers the whole nation.
- It has an estimated revenue of $3 Million and has more than 15,000 customers.
- EZClaim targets small and medium-sized providers. However, many of its customers are independent billing firms.
- EZClaim's business has been segmented into General Practice Specialties, Therapy Practice Specialties, Vision Practice Specialties, Surgical Practice Specialties, Medical Specialties Practices, Home Health Care Specialties, and Outsourced Medical Billing Services (RCM).
All the provided companies were privately owned. As such, they did not publish their annual statements, making it difficult to obtain revenue information, especially for companies with more than one business segment. Due to this, we leveraged third-party websites for the revenue information. We provided this information for consideration even though it is revenue for the whole company for some of the companies and not just revenue from their medical billing segment.
On the customer reviews tab of the attached spreadsheet, we have provided a summary of customer reviews given by Capterra. Capterra provided an overview of the pros and cons of the identified company, and we provided this information directly for consideration. However, we could not find customer reviews for Mahler Health on Capterra or any other review websites.
The website provided for Medisoft did not lead to a medical billing company. We, therefore, conducted research and found information on Medisoft, the most popular medical billing software on the market. Azcomp Technologies created this software, and thus we provided details relating to this company and not the one identified by the link provided.
Lastly, N/A was used for data not found regarding customer volume, geographic footprint, and revenue. This was after an extensive search through various sources in the public domain.