Media Landscape (1)
Emergent Tree does not regularly post on social media as it only posts five and six times a month on its Facebook and Twitter pages respectively. The requested information on Emergent Tree, Review 360, and Education Service Center, Region 20 has been entered into columns C through G of rows three through five of the attached spreadsheet.
Summary of Findings
1. Emergent Tree
- Established in 2009, Emergent Tree supplies first-rate software and training to campuses, as well as districts, to help improve student support.
- The company website only contains links to Emergent Tree's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Emergent Tree does not often post on either of its social media channels as it posts roughly five times per month on Facebook and six times per month on Twitter.
- For Facebook, the types of content that the company posts include pictures and videos, along with some links to webinars and other events. There are also posts honoring teachers and schools.
- Meanwhile, on Twitter, most of the posts are pictures and some schools that have administered coaching from the company.
- Review360 serves as a behavior improvement system that supplies both general and special teachers with proper training, along with decision-driving data, to help them handle behavior in the classroom effectively.
- Pearson Assessments US has accounts for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- The frequency in which the company posts on its social media channels goes as follows: Facebook (five per day), Twitter (four per day), and LinkedIn (five per day).
- Its YouTube channel contains videos that cover Review360 and has content targeted at educators, parents, and schools.
- On Twitter, there is video content as well as pictures, GIFs, and posts centered on events.
3. Education Service Center, Region 20
- Education Service Center Region 20 operates as a non-regulatory agency that helps various school districts to advance the performance of their pupils.
- Regarding social media, it maintains Facebook and Twitter pages.
- It posts around five times per day on Facebook and about four to six times per day on Twitter.
- On Facebook, the agency recommends books, discusses extracurricular activities, and issues job postings.
- On Twitter, the agency posts training videos, pictures, among other content.
Media Landscape (2)
The Flippen Group, Educational Service Center Region 12, and Educational Service Center Region 4 have social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The frequency of their posts varies widely. Additionally, their messages usually involve announcements of conferences and promotions. The spreadsheet can be found here.
Education Service Center Region 4 (ESC 4)
- ESC 4 is one of the twenty centers in Texas that collaborates and gives training and consultation to various school districts within its region.
- The organization has social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- ESC 4 usually uses Facebook and Twitter to promote conferences and training. It posts at least three times a week on Facebook and posts at least six to eight times a week on Twitter.
- The organization was featured in a news article from Chron. It mentioned that ESC 4 was in charge of safety training within the region.
- On Facebook, they post about three times a week. The content posted on Facebook is related to video conferences, training, and summits.
- The positioning of the firm on Facebook is to better rural schools and public schools through conferences, summits, and seminars.
- The organization posts 6-8 times per week on Twitter, sometimes with several posts in a day, then none for several days. The content is similar to its Facebook account.
- On Instagram, they post about three times a week, with its content similar to Facebook and Twitter. However, ESC 4 has not recently posted on Instagram.
- Additionally, the organization has a LinkedIn account, but there was only one post, and it was eleven months ago. It was about ESC 4 looking for applicants.
- Lastly, the organization has a YouTube account where it posted the recent Aspiring Superintendent and Leadership Academy event.
- The last time the organization posted a press release was on November 2018.
- It was about giving honor to Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HCOHSEM) Planner Ammy Gierzak and Harris County Flood Control District Meteorologist Jeff Lindner.
- The most recent blog was last July 2019, when the organization announced the nominees for the 2019 Superintendent.
Education Service Center Region 13 (ESC 13)
- ESC 13 is one of the twenty centers in Texas that collaborates and gives training and consultation to various school districts within its region.
- ESC 13 has a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. It frequently posts on Facebook.
- Most of its recent posts on Facebook were about conferences and summits.
- The organization has a blog where it is very much active. It posts at least once or twice a week regarding various topics.
- The San Marcos Daily Record published a news report regarding ESC 13’s opening for applications for two vacancies in its Board of Directors.
- On Facebook, they post about once or twice a day. However, there are some days when they do not post at all.
- The content posted on Facebook mostly include video conferences, training, and summits. Their general positioning in their messages is to help improve teacher and student lives for the better.
- They post once or twice a day on Twitter, but once again, there are times when they do not post at all. The content is similar to Facebook.
- They barely post on Instagram. On the platform they post infographics, guides for teachers, strategies, and others.
- The organization has a YouTube account, where they post batches of videos in three-month intervals.
- The general positioning of their message on YouTube is to help guide students and teachers to improve themselves when it comes to their schooling activities.
- The most recent press release from the organization was four years ago, and it was about electing Mr. Rich Elasser as the Executive Director of the organization.
- ESC 14 is quite active on its blog, posting once or twice a week.
- The topics on their blogs include campus leadership, behavior, assessment, strategic instruction, and others. They also have podcasts that interviews teachers regarding their teaching journey.
The Flippen Group
- The Flippen Group is an organization that is dedicated to developing and improving school districts, Fortune 500 companies, governments, sports teams, and non-profit corporations for the world. They use scientific research to help organizations achieve and strive for their goals.
- The organization is present on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. It has the most posts on Facebook, but its last post was on August 31, 2019.
- Most of the posts on Facebook were promotions regarding the book “Your Third Story.”
- The Flippen Group also has a blog and press release section, but the last recent post was three months ago. It was regarding the organization’s initiative known as “Capturing Kids’ Hearts.”
- The Flippen Group has not posted for quite some time on their social media accounts. In Facebook, their last post was on August 31, 2019. The general positioning in their message is on self-improvement using the book "Your Third Story." Before this, they post at least once per day.
- The group barely post on Twitter and their last tweet was on April 9, 2019.
- The Flippen Group posted on their LinkedIn account last September 2019, and it was about a WSJ analysis on George Washington's leadership skills.
- It also has a YouTube channel. Its most recent post was three months ago and it was a video regarding a teacher's message at Paradise High School.
- The frequency of posts on the company's press release section once or twice per month. The most recent press release from the Company and Education posts was three months ago.
- One of the two of the posts from three months ago talked about the Splendora Independent School District that launched the program called "Capturing Kids' Hearts," which is an initiative that helps decrease the rate of bullying.
- Another post talked about how self-reflection can help increase connections in school. These posts are related to one of the solutions provided by the company called "Capturing Kids' Hearts."
- The most recent blog post from the company was three months ago, and it was about a response from a Forbes article regarding an interview from Dr. Brene Brown, an expert in vulnerability leadership.
- The Flippen Group's implementation of the initiative called "Capturing Kids' Hearts" in Splendora ISD was aired on ABC 13, last September 4, 2019.
Media Landscape (3)
The Safe and Civil Schools, Ancora Publishing, and Behavior Flip have social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The frequency of their posts varies widely. Additionally, their messages usually involve announcements of conferences and promotions. The spreadsheet for the companies in rows 9 to 11 can be found here.
Safe and Civil Schools
- Safe and Civil Schools is an organization dedicated to developing and improving school climate and culture by fostering respect and responsibility in student through data-driven decisions.
- The approach taken by the organization is built on Dr. Randy Sprick's 30 years of experience and decades of research on effective teaching methods that are easy to use and practical.
- The firm has helped school districts to build knowledge base needed in creating positive school environments that are physically and emotionally safe and thus encourage integrity, independence, confidence, kindness, responsibility and self-control.
- The organization has presence on Twitter.
- At the same time the organization also posts on Facebook.
- On Facebook the firm does not post frequently. This means that they can post several times in day and then take weeks before posting again.
- The type of content posted on Facebook include videos, pictures, links to events such as webinars, and posts celebrating teachers and schools.
- The positioning of the firm on Facebook is that reinforcement on positive behavior has big impact on student behavior, while at the same time selling the Tough Kid books.
- On Facebook the firm reveals that positive behavior should be encouraged in students while also creating a positive environment for them to express themselves.
- On Twitter, the firm does try to post frequently. This means roughly once per day, but there are days when there is no activity.
- Safe and Civil Schools mostly posts pictures on Twitter, highlighting teachers or educators that have completed training and attendants of symposiums.
- Safe and Civil Schools uses its newsletter to give press releases.
- In a press release, the firm congratulated Fort Bend ISD in Sugar Land, Texas for being awarded the "Texas District of Character" by the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association as selected by the Character Education Partnership in Washington D.C. as a National School of Character.
- Safe and Civil Schools website has a video section giving details of the strategies presented in the Safe & Civil Schools approach to behavior management by Dr. Randy Sprick.
- The video section gives an overview of the framework used by Dr. Randy Sprick and describes how it works to remind educators of essential components of effective behavior management.
- There is a programs and materials section, newsletter section that is periodically sent out and details of upcoming events on their website.
- Safe and Civil Schools website also has a presentation part that details upcoming conferences, symposiums, webinars, conventions and coaching sessions.
Traditional Media (TV/Print/Radio)
- We found a 2004 article written by Dr. Randy Sprick talking about whether schools are safe and civil that was published by the Instructional leader.
- Ancora Publishing is an educational Publishing company that desires to change the face of education that began in 2005 as the Pacific Northwest Publishing.
- The organization produces high-quality, practical, research-based programs and book geared towards helping educators create positive and productive environment for learning purposes.
- The firm supports professional development partners such as Tough Kid Series, Safe and Civil Schools, Explicit instruction videos and various resource catalogs.
- Ancora Publishing prides itself as a firm that does not focus purely on theoretical but translates research into strategies educators can use to bring positive change in students.
- The organization has separate web pages dedicated to Safe & Civil Schools, Tough Kid and Academics.
- Ancora Publishing has a YouTube channel where it publishes videos of webinars, interviews and conferences.
- The postings are sporadic. They can post twice a month on the channel and skip other months with no postings at all.
- The positioning of the channel is that positive student behavior should be amplified with proper leadership in behavior being instilled.
- The firm uses their newsletter to be able to communicate with the public. Interested persons can sign up for it by filling out a form on the company's website.
- There are no archives for previous newsletters, however one is able to choose their interest either Safe & Civil Schools PBIS or Explicit Instruction and Active Participation or even both.
- The website is designed to offer behavioral programs that can create a true system that supports and meets the needs of students in school with focus on school and classroom behavior.
- In the product section the firm has various books that it offers for sale with one being able to add to their cart.
- The topics for the books are diverse, ranging from discipline, active participation, champs, absenteeism and truancy.
- The messaging of the website is about encouraging positive behavior in students.
- Ancora Publishing webinars focus on behavior with titles such as ''The Magic is on Instruction'', ''The Third quest'', ''Adopt'' and ''Strengthening the Triangle''.
Traditional Media (TV/Print/Radio)
- Ancora Publishing has many books that are published and printed and people are able to order from the site.
- Behavior Flip empowers students to make systemic and lasting changes through the 5 pillars namely, Restorative Practices, Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS), Social Emotional Learning, Growth Mindset and Trauma-Informed Practices.
- The firm says that this behavior management system starts with school culture, and not control, to empower students to make positive and lasting changes.
- With Behavior Flip one is able to create, sustain and monitor school expectations by simplifying communication and collaboration between teachers, parents and administrators.
- The system is able to give real-time data and easily track student behavior to bring coaching and accountability.
- Behavior Flip can recognize positive behaviors and can be used to bring restorative practices where a student is allowed to repair the harm of their actions.
- This system can help students develop emotional and social skills.
- The organization has media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- On Twitter, the firm posts roughly 4 times in a day with the content being videos, photos, written tweets that position the brand as working on the discipline of students through its restorative practices.
- On Facebook, the firm posts roughly 3 times in a day with the content being photos, videos, written posts that position the brand as a champion for building students not through control but in discipline.
- On Linkedin, Behavior Flip is not active as the posts are sporadic, with the content being pictures and written posts positioning the firm as a champion of student discipline.
- On Instagram, Behavior Flip is not active as the posts are sporadic, with the content being pictures positioning the firm towards the culture of empathy, responsibility and growth of the mindset.
- On October 27th 2019, there was a press release from Behavior Flip on the release of Behavior Flip for Android that detailed the firm as a software development and consulting company focused on making the educational process more efficient and effective for K-12 schools.
- The firm was published on AMLE, which is a membership organization dedicated to helping middle school educators reach every student, grow professionally, and create great schools.
- There was a special discount for AMLE members who chose Behavior Flip.
- The organization maintains a blog that seems to be published monthly. It details different topics from the importance of behavioral data, a teacher's journey through the hacking school of discipline, Empathy crisis which all put a message on the firm's restorative practices that empowers students to make positive and lasting changes.
- Behavior Flip's website has a page called how it works that is dedicated in selling the firm's effective behavior monitoring solution to schools.
- There is also a pricing page in the website giving details of different sales options and their benefits including testimonials from administrators, teachers and students.
- The website also contains schools that are using the system in flipping behaviors of students.
Traditional Media (TV/Print/Radio)
- Brad Weinstein, of Behavior Flip was on Principal Center radio Podcast where he talked about his book, Hacking School Discipline and the 9 Ways to Create a Culture of Empathy and Responsibility Using Restorative Justice.