Maury Gallagher - Biography
Maurice Gallagher is the chief executive officer of Allegiant Travel Company and over the years has invested in several businesses in the telecommunications and adaptive learning fields. He married Maria Gallagher and together, they have a son called Spencer Gallagher who is a professional stock car racing driver.
- Maurice J. Gallagher serves as the CEO of Allegiant Travel Company, a position he has been holding since August 2003 and the chairman of the board of the company since 2006.
- Before joining Allegiant, Maury Gallagher co-founded and invested in ValuJet in 1993 and served as the officer and director of the company until 1997. He was also the principal owner of WestAir and served as its CEO from 1983 to 1992.
- He is also the founder of various non-aviation businesses in the telecommunications and adaptive learning fields. He founded Mpower Communications Corp. and served as the company’s CEO and chairman of the board.
- Maurice Gallagher is a majority shareholder at Smith Micro Software, Inc and owner of sports racing company, GMS Racing LLC.
- Gallagher attended UC Davis where he subsequently received his Bachelor of Arts and History in 1971.
- In 1974, he earned his MBA from UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Gallagher is a longtime supporter of the Graduate School of Management and a former member of the School’s Dean’s Advisory Council. He donated $10 million to the Graduate School of Management.
- He is married to Marcia Gallagher with two children.
- UC Davis named a hall for Gallagher, referred to as the Maurice J. Gallagher, Jr. Hall, making it the first business school building in California to be awarded the highest green building ranking.
- Maurice Gallagher has an estimated net worth of $602 million and makes $2,850,310 as Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer at Allegiant Travel Company.
- Gallagher gave the commencement address for the UC Davis business school.
- Maurice Gallagher has a keen interest in sports racing as he owns a sports racing company and the company’s NASCAR Xfinity Series car is driven by his son Spencer Gallagher who is a professional stock car racing driver.
- He also has interests in baseball, and one of his hobbies is playing golf. (timestamp: 10:30)
- In a podcast interview with Rick Horrow, Maurice Gallagher states that he’s a strong believer in technology and helped pushed his company to become the first to implement a ticketless technology in the airline industry. (timestamp: 1:20)
- Maurice Gallagher steered Allegiant’s investments of over $1 billion in technology and other fields.
We were not able to provide in-depth information on Maurice Gallagher's educational background. We searched through professional networking and business databases like Crunchbase, Bloomberg, LinkedIn. Although we were able to find information on his educational experience, the information unearthed was limited to his university education and did not include any professional institute, high school or programs he might have taken.
Next, we searched for interviews by Maurice Gallagher. We were hoping to find an interview in which he talked about his personal interests and the schools he attended. Gallagher has been featured in several interviews over the years; we came across several interviews by Lasvegassun, Time magazine, DC Davis Graduate, Horrow Sports Ventures, ABC.com, FlightGlobal, among others. There was no new information on his educational background as the interviews were mainly focused on his business philosophies.
We also combed through media sites for press and articles on Maurice Gallagher. He has been quoted, mentioned, and had articles written about him in various press sites like Bloomberg, Time.com, ReviewJournal, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Tampa Bay Times, CBS, Fortune, Forbes, among others. The media coverage on him was mostly related to his business strategies, the latest developments surrounding his companies, his ventures, and articles about his life. We have included all the pertinent information presented in the media sites, and they include a basic overview of his education. There's no further information on his education than what has been shown in our research after combing through the sources mentioned above and expanding our search beyond the standard two-year period. We also used the information provided by older sources as they contained valuable information that was used in compiling this research.