Marketing Agency Metrics
Three marketing agencies located in the United States are Deluxe, Omnicom, and Interpublic Group of Cos. Information about each agency's location, their total number of employees, and their average net profit over the last three years are in the findings below.
Interpublic Group of Cos
- The company's address is 909 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022.
- The total number of employees working at the agency is 54,000.
- The company's net profit was $618.9 million in 2018 and their total revenue was $9.71 billion in 2018.
- The agency's average net profit over the last three years was calculated to be $593.93 million, using information from Marketwatch.
- Deluxe's address is 3680 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, Minnesota 55126-2966.
- The total number of employees working at the company is 5,934.
- Their net profit was $149.01 million in 2018 and their total revenue was $2.00 billion for the same year.
- The agency's average net profit over the last three years was calculated to be $201.74 million, using information from Marketwatch.
- The agency's address is 437 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022.
- The total number of employees working at Omnicom Group is 70,400.
- Their net profit was $1.33 billion in 2018 and their total revenue was $15.29 billion in 2018.
- The agency's average net profit over the last three years was calculated to be$1.19 billion, using information from Marketwatch.
To find marketing agencies that had information about their average net profit, total revenue, and the other criteria that was required, we looked for marketing agencies that are public companies. The research team searched business sites and market sites such as Benzinga and Marketwatch to find the information we were looking for about marketing agencies in the United States. We found some marketing agencies listed in an article on Benzinga and selected Deluxe, the Interpublic Group of Cos, and Omnicom from the list. In order to get the required information about each company, we looked on their Marketwatch.com profiles. This allowed us to find each marketing agency's revenue, location, net profit, and total number of employees.
To find the average net profit for each agency, we used their net income. We used the net income for each company since we found an article on Investopedia that stated that net income is the same as net profit. Following that logic, we used the financial figures on each agency's Marketwatch profile to find their net income (net profit) and total revenue in 2018. We then calculated the average net profit for each company by using their net incomes from the last three years, which included their net income for 2016, 2017, and 2018. We did this by adding the net incomes from 2016 to 2018 for each company and then dividing it by three. The calculations and financial figures we used to find each agency's net profit have been included below.
Calculation for finding the net income over the last three years: (net income 2016 + net income 2017 + net income 2018)/3.
Interpublic Group of Cos' average net profit = ($608.5 million + $554.4 million + $618.9 million)/3 = $593.93 million
Deluxe's average net profit = ($227.51 million + $228.7 million + $149.01 million)/3 = $201.74 million
Omnicom's average net profit = ($1.33 billion + $1.09 billion + $1.14 billion)/3 = $1.19 billion