Company Mapping: Household Appliances
As per Grand View Research, the key players in the household appliance market in the US are Whirlpool Corporation, LG Electronics, Samsung, Haier Group Corporation, and Robert Bosch GmbH. This research focuses on two of these top players — Haier Group Corporation and Robert Bosch GmbH.
KEY PLAYERS IN THE US HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE MARKET
#1: HAIER GROUP CORPORATION
- Haier Group Corporation is a publicly listed company in Hong Kong, which has a global presence with 122 manufacturing units.
- It is a leading ecosystem enterprise, with revenue increasing by 10% each year.
- It provides high-standard customer service such as home appliances parts that are available separately, and scheduled customer services.
- It also provides eco-friendly smart home services, customized based on customer requirements.
- It provides lifetime service for the users, which is a win-win situation for the company and the users.
- RMB 183 billion in 2018
- 77,000+ employees
- It has a presence in North America, Latin America, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa), China, Australia, and Asia.
- About 19.9% of R&D, manufacturing, and sales & marketing are from the US.
- Haier, Casarte, Leader, RRS.com, AQUA, and Fisher & Paykel.
KEY MARKETING CHANNELS
- Haier Group Corporation has around 66 sales and marketing centers around the world.
- It has integrated global offline/online and social network retail and service operations, with 20,000+ county-level distributors, and 800,000+ microstore owners and also uses e-commerce sites.
- Some stores that sell Haier products are Walmart and Sears.
#2: ROBERT BOSCH GMBH
- Robert Bosch manufactures sustainability home appliances, which save around 59% of water consumption. It enhances the lives of the customers by innovating around nature and has about 900 patents in the home appliance sector.
- One of the primary goals of the company is to provide quality products, with no tolerance for minor discrepancies. It also offers award-winning customer service.
- It provides sustainable and live-by-nature innovations, which are helpful for future generations too.
- The company is trying to offer a smarter future by providing Connected Mobility, Connected Living, and Connected Industry.
- In 2018, 23% (€18.06 billion) of the company's revenue was from consumer goods. Its consumer goods are in two parts — power tools and BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, which sells household appliances.
- Revenue of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH was €13.4 billion in 2018.
- The company has 410,000 associates worldwide in the following four divisions: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy & Building Technology. 19% of the employees are for consumer goods, which is 79,199 associates.
- BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is 100% owned by Bosch Group and has 61,000 employees.
- The company sells units in Europe, the Americas, and the Asia Pacific, with 17% of the total sales from America.
- Global Brands: Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau, and Neff
- Local Brands: Thermador, Balay, Coldex, Constructa, Pitsos, Profilo and Zelmer, as well as the Junker and Viva
KEY MARKETING CHANNELS
- The company uses e-commerce sites, sales teams, distributors, and resellers for marketing its products.
- Some dealers in the US are Home Depot and Lowe's.
The key players in the US household appliance market were identified based on Grand View Research's list of key players in the market.