The Market Size of Organic Insecticides for Livestock Farms
The specific market size of the ecological or organic insecticide market as applied in livestock farms is not available. For the whole global organic pesticides market, the estimated market size based on available data points was $172,899 million in 2020. The rest of the available helpful findings were presented below.
General Pesticide Market Insights
- The "global organic pesticides market" was worth $99,200 in 2016. The market's projected value in 2023 was around $279,195 million using the estimated annual growth rate of 14.9% within this period.
- Using the reverse CAGR calculator, the estimated market size based on available data points was $172,899 million in 2020.
- In the report, only insects were mentioned. There was no indication that rodents and mice were covered.
- Based on another study, around two million tons of pesticides were used globally. However, this volume already covers various types of pesticides such as those used against rodents. This amount also covers household, farming, and crop applications.
- Another report mentioned that the earnings from pesticides, fertilizers, and seeds in the U.S. will drop by 50% as the demand for feed grain crops from livestock animals will also decrease.
- The following chart shows the drop in feed revenue in the U.S. from $170 billion in 2018 to $17 billion in 2035.
- The feed portion includes pesticides, fertilizers, and seeds.
- For pesticides alone, the revenue is expected to drop to $1.5 billion from today's price.
- Other helpful charts that show the pesticide consumption globally were presented below based on the latest reports available:
- Some of the major players around the world that were mentioned in the report include Mark Organics, Bayer Cropscience, Sikko Industries Ltd., PARRY AMERICA, Monsanto, Arysta LifeScience, Andermatt Biocontrol Ag, DuPont, Dow AgroSciences, and Certis USA LLC.
- Based on a market report, the following are the major players in the global organic insecticides sector: Syngenta Global, Bayer AG, Dow DuPont, BASF SE, Monsanto, ADAMA India Private Limited, FMC Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical, Nufarm, Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd., Nanjing Red Sun Co Ltd, Oxon Italia S.p.A., and Nissan Chemical Corporation.
To determine the global market size of ecological or organic insecticides used in livestock farms such as dairy farms, pig farms, and other similar farms, we looked through various market research reports such as the ones from the Kline Group, Industry Arc, Allied Market Research, and other similar sources. We also searched through business publications such as Forbes, WSJ, and other sites. Based on this search approach, we were not able to find the specific global market size that pertains only to the ecological or organic insecticides used in livestock farms. What we found were market size figures for organic pesticides that are used mainly in crops. Most of the pesticides and insecticides market reports were also focused only on the U.S. and cover only those that are used in crops. There were few reports found that cover those used in livestock but those are behind a paywall.
We also tried to triangulate the information using available data points on the pesticide consumption of livestock farms but the data points were not enough and inconclusive due to the presence of many variables.
We also tried to look for the related data in government databases and global organizations such as the FAO, Worldometer, Our World in Data, Department of Agriculture sites, and others. However, the data points found were not specific to organic insecticides used on livestock only. We then presented these as helpful findings only.