Women's Global Swimwear Market Size
The global women's swimwear segment accounted for the largest share of revenue in the global swimwear market in 2018 and is said to be growing at the rate of 6.6% between 2019 and 2025. The desire to look stylish at the beach or pool and the emergence of asymmetric designs are among key factors that are driving demand in the market. Below is a detailed analysis of the market size for the global women's swimwear market.
Market Size for the Global Women's Swimwear Market
- According to a report by Grand View Research, in 2018, the global swimwear market was estimated to be valued at USD 18.9 billion. Out of this, the women segment accounted for the largest share and is said to be growing at the rate of 6.6% between 2019 and 2025.
- Key trends that are driving demand for swimwear products among women include the desire to look stylish at the beach or pool, emergence of asymmetric designs, bold colors, geometric prints, and classic yet modern shapes.
- There is also increased demand for specialized swimwear products like thermal swimwear well as products with UV protection features.
- According to another report by Allied Market Research, the woman swimwear segment dominated the global swimwear market in 2017, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% between 2018 and 2024.
- Based on assortment of swimwear products available, the global women's swimwear market is divided segmented into swimsuits, bikini bottoms, bikini tops, tankinis, and swim shorts.
Key Facts about the Global Women’s Swimwear Market
- In the global women's swimwear market, the tank suits segment accounted for more than a fifth of the revenue in 2017. This segment is expected to be valued at around USD 62 Million in the year 2022.
- The polyester fabric type segment was valued at around USD 86 Million in 2017, which represents over one-third of the revenue share of the fabric type segment in during that year.
- The low price swimwear section is expected to reach around USD 100 million by 2022 and the largest share will be contributed by the Europe region.
- The online segment was valued at around USD 47 million in 2017 and is expected to grow to USD 56 million in 2022. This represents a growth rate of 3.4% between 2017 and 2022.
- Key players in the global women swimwear market include Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc., NoZONE Clothing Limited,Adidas AG, Arena Italia S.p.A, and La Perla Group, among others.
To determine the market size for the global women's swimwear market, we started by looking at industry reports published by research firms like Grand View Research, IBISWorld, Forrester, Allied Market Research, Gartner, Euromonitor, and Million Insights among others. However, although this data is available, much of its is paywalled. Source #3 and Source #4 have talked about the market size of the global women swimwear market but both of them are paywalled.
We went further and looked at press releases like PR Web, PRNewswire, and BusinessWire among others and business news websites and databases like Fortune, New York Times, CNN, Forbes, and WSJ to mention a few. All these sources have the market size of the global swimwear market paywalled. Many of these sources shared reports from our first strategy.
Next, we scanned research papers published by leading research firms like Accenture, PwC, McKinsey and Company, and Deloitte among others. Still, these sources did not have the market size of the market size of the global women's swimwear.
We looked at the various paywalled report and got any information and data that is specific to the women segment. We mainly looked at how the global swimwear market is segmented according to end-user. From the available sources, we managed to get the growth rates for varying prediction periods as well as the projected market sizes. We could not calculate the current market size as there was report that gave any market size for the recent past years, that could be used as the base year in calculating the current market size.