Market size and Growth - Collagen Peptides Consumer Industry
In 2018, US consumers had spent approximately $122 million on collagen peptide products. By 2024, the global market size for global collagen peptides will reach $3,820 million from $2,950 million in 2019.
COLLAGEN PEPTIDES CONSUMER INDUSTRY IN THE UNITED STATES
- Bovine collagen and marine collagen are the two of the major sources of collagen peptides for collagen products.
- In 2018, the US consumers were expected to spend $122 million on collagen products.
- In 2017, the collagen supplement market in the US was worth $53,123,232.
- Application of collagen peptides products is booming in the health and wellness industry. In the early part of 2018, the sales of supplements with collagen peptides as a primary functional ingredient in the US reached $46.6 million.
GLOBAL COLLAGEN PEPTIDES MARKET SIZE
- In 2018, the global market of collagen peptides was estimated at $772.3 million and is projected to reach $1,337.0 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 11.6% during the forecast period.
- In 2019, the worldwide market for collagen peptides is around $2950 million.
- In terms of revenue, the collagen peptides market will register a 4.4% CAGR over the next five years. By 2024, the global market size for global collagen peptides will reach $3820 million from $2,950 million in 2019.
NORTH AMERICA COLLAGEN PEPTIDES MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- North America Collagen Peptides Market has a share of almost one-third of the total global market share. The United States and Canada are the two main regions that dominate the collagen peptides market in North America.
- The broad range applicability of collagen peptides and the preference toward a healthy lifestyle of consumers are the two major factors that drive the growth of collagen peptide markets.
- On the other hand, stringent government laws for criminal origin additives and concerns regarding the depleting animal sources are the expected restraining factors that will hinder the growth of the market.
The research team explored different industry reports and leveraged the publicly available data on market research databases of Market Insider, Market Watch, Mordor Intelligence, and MarketsandMarkets, among others, as we tried to find the size and growth of the collagen peptides consumer industry in the United States. From the available data, we found information about the global size and growth of the collagen peptides. However, we couldn't find US-specific details to answer the query.
We tried to leverage the recent credible media publications, press releases, and news articles published in the US in hopes of finding the information we need. We explored Forbes, the New York Times, the Medical News Today, the USA Inquirer, PR Newswire, and Globe Newswire, among others, but this strategy also failed to uncover the information we need. These sources talked about collagen peptides but no information regarding the size and growth of the collagen peptides consumer industry in the US. The news articles we found focused on the reviews of products such as skin care products with collagen peptides. PRNewswire and Globe Newswire have some reports however there is no US-specific.
We then moved on researching through industry related sites after learning that collagen peptides have a full range application in the health and wellness industry. We searched in sites including but not limited to Health, Vital Protein, Today's Dietitian, and RunnersWorld. Mostly, we found content that educates people about collagen and the best collagen products to buy. After extensive research, we were able to find content in WebMD and NutrionalOutlook that have specific information about the market size and growth of collagen peptides consumers in the US. However, the insights we found were limited to only a particular time, as shown on the key findings.
We tried to leverage the information we gathered in the global market reports in hopes of triangulating the answer to the query, but our attempts were unproductive. Efforts to find the market share of the US in the global market size of collagen peptides was unsuccessful. We were only able to find the share of North America as a whole.