Top Text-to-speech Apps
Three of the top text-to-speech apps are Pocket, Voice Aloud Reader, and T2S. Details regarding these apps have been provided below.
- Pocket is an app that allows users to save articles and read or listen to them later when they are offline. It is free and available on android and iOS.
- The app uses cloud storage to save stories. Users can also read articles while the audio is playing.
- Pocket supports multiple languages and voices. The app has adjustable speed and pitch.
- Moreover, Pocket supports background playback. Therefore, a user can listen to the app while doing other things on the smartphone.
- Pocket has more than 10 million downloads on Google Play.
Voice Aloud Reader
- Voice Aloud Reader is a text-to-speech reader for android users. The app reads the content displayed on a user’s screen, such as doc files, PDF files, emails, and web pages.
- In addition, the app can be used as an ebook, document, and HTML reader. The app allows users to save web pages and other content.
- The app filters irrelevant content in a web page. It ignores ads, navigation, and menus.
- Voice Aloud Reader has a share feature where users can share content from other apps. Facebook posts and tweets can also be shared with the app.
- Moreover, the app works with URLS. Users can paste a site’s address into the reader and the app will automatically read the relevant parts.
- Voice Aloud Reader has more than five million downloads.
- One of the unique features of T2S is that it has its own browser. One can opt to access and read content from a website through the app.
- Another feature of the app is that it allows users to listen to web pages instead of copying and pasting links to the app.
- T2S has a copy-to-speak feature where a pop-up button appears when text is copied in other applications. Pushing the button prompts the app to instantly start reading the copied content.
- T2S allows its users to save and share audio readouts.
- The mobile app has more than one million downloads on Google Play
To find the best text-to-speech apps, we looked through industry sites such as Make Tech Easier and Make Use Of. We then selected the apps that were mentioned the most by these sources. In addition, we made sure that the apps we selected had more than one million downloads.