Marketing Research Events & Conferences
The upcoming conferences for market research suppliers in 2020 are the X4 Summit in Salt Lake City, IIeX North America 2020 in Austin, the Market Research in the Mobile World (MRMW) 2020 in Atlanta, the Quirk's Event 2020 in Chicago and Brooklyn, and the 2020 QRCA Annual Conference in Austin.
IIeX NORTH AMERICA 2020
- IIeX North America 2020 will be held on April 14-16, 2020 in Austin, Texas.
- IIeX showcases the latest technologies, innovation, and disruption in the world of market research and consumer insights.
- The IIeX conference is targeted towards market research vendors, brands, and 1,300+ participants from around the world.
- It also features an Insight Innovation Competition by Greenbook that seeks the next big idea in market research and consumer insights industry.
- Pricing for IIeX 2020 is US$1,195 for Early Bird All-Access Pass, US$99 for Early Bird Brand/Retailer Pass, and US$775 for Startup Pass.
- There is no list of speakers available yet, but its 2019 speakers were Peter Markgraf of SurveyMonkey, Carole Schmidt of 20/20 Research, and Lauren Galleta of Nielsen.
- Attending companies in 2019 included 20|20 Research, Gazelle Global Research Services, ABACO Research, Absolutdata, Galloway Research, etc.
- Screenshots of the relevant information for this event can be found in this Google Document. The relevant web pages can also be accessed by clicking the tabs (Register Now, Why Attend, Past Presentations, etc.) on the main site.
MARKET RESEARCH TRACK AT X4 SUMMIT (QUALTRICS) 2020
- The next X4 summit will be on March 10-13, 2020 at Salt Lake City, Utah.
- X4 Summit is a networking event and conference for market research vendors, consumer insights, and experience professionals. The summit features a track specifically for market research led by industry experts.
- The 2019 Marketing Research tracks included "Five Elements for Building a World-Class Marketing Research Practice" and "Managing Research at Scale" among others.
- Pricing is not yet available as registration is still closed; inquiries and request for notification can be made here.
- A list of speakers for 2020 is not yet available, but past speakers included Ryan Smith, CEO and Co-Founder of Qualtrics; Christine Winchester, Senior Technical Consultant at Ugam; and Elsa Yan, Customer Experience Solutions Leader at McKinsey & Company.
- Its 2019 sponsors include Deloitte Digital, Bain & Company, Kantar, and Ugam.
- Screenshots of the relevant information for this event can be found in this Google Document. The Research Track 2019 page can be found under the submenu 'Tracks' on the main page.
- The Market Research in the Mobile World (MRMW) North America Conference will take place on October 6-7, 2020 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- MRMW is a yearly conference for market research vendors and professionals, as well as, the consumer insight industry. The conference focuses on market research innovation in the age of mobile and high-tech platforms.
- The conference is targeted towards market research suppliers, agencies and clients. Market research suppliers in particular are invited to showcase their solutions in exhibits.
- Pricing is not yet available but the event page states that a 20% group discount is available for three or more purchased tickets.
- The 2020 speaker panel is not yet available, but its 2019 speakers included JDE and Insites Consulting, AXA, Google, and SSI.
- Participating companies in 2019 include Kantar, Google, Embee Mobile Insight Solutions and Zigzag Research among others.
THE QUIRK'S EVENT 2020
- Quirk Conference will take place on March 3-4, 2020 in Brooklyn and April 6-7, 2020 in Chicago.
- The event aims to be a low-cost, basic conference for market research suppliers, vendors and exhibitors. The conference will run for only 2 days with no keynote speakers or sit-down luncheons, but will focus on industry speakers and exhibits.
- Pricing for both Quirk conferences in Brooklyn and Chicago start at $99.
- There is no list of 2020 speakers yet available, but 2019 speakers included Adam Bendriss Alami, Director of Marketing at Provalis Research; Tatiana Gormley, VP of Research at BuzzBack Market Research; and Ally Aleman, SVP Qualitative Research at Insight Strategy Group among others.
- Attending companies in the 2019 event included MarketVision Research, AcuPOLL Precision Research, Provalis Research, Russel Research, C+R Research, Survey Monkey Audience and others.
2020 QRCA Annual Conference
- The next QRCA Annual Conference will take place on January 29-31, 2020 in Austin, Texas.
- The conference focuses on qualitative research and market research in general, discussing innovation and trends as well as the future of market research.
- QRCA also functions as a networking event for market research suppliers, industry experts, and research partners.
- Pricing for early bird registrants range from $195 to $1,395 while regular tickets range from $225 to $1,545.
- New members are eligible to a 25% discount while participants who need financial assistance can avail of a discount code.
- The 2020 speaker panel is still not available, however 2019 sessions and speakers include 20|20 Research (QualBoard 4.0: The Next Generation in Digital Research), Surveys & Forecasts, LLC (Implications of Blockchain in Marketing Research) and Northstar Research Partners (Elevating Market Research Through the Power of TV).
- Attending companies in the 2019 conference included M3 Global Research, Canada Market Research, Surveys & Forecasts, LLC and Precision Research, Inc. among others.
To gather a list of upcoming market research supplier networking events and conferences, we looked for precompiled lists and announcements of marketing research conferences. Other than The Marketing Research Event (TMRE), we found no remaining upcoming 2019 conferences but found several for 2020. We found marketing research conferences in general such as those listed in Qualtric's list and none for specific target groups such as market research suppliers to restaurant groups, retail groups, franchisees, health and beauty groups, and so on. For the conferences we found, the attendees included participants and speakers from both brands and market research vendors/suppliers. For example, The Market Research Event (TMRE) featured sessions from McKinsey and KFC in the same day. We did not find any conferences or events that featured sessions or tracks for market research vendors that targeted a specific vertical; most of the topics addressed the market research in general ex. software, innovation, new technologies on market research, etc. Even the smaller conferences we found (MRMW and Quirk) focused on general topics such as mobile, innovation and industry trends instead of specific industry verticals or markets such as restaurants, retail, etc.
Therefore, we provided a list of all available upcoming 2020 conferences in marketing research in the US. For the networking events/conferences with no available list of speakers or agenda, we provided the previous event's details for review and comparison. In summary, we provided 5 upcoming marketing research supplier networking events/conferences in 2020 above.