New Chapter and Airia are the two relevant products/services that P&G has acquired or invested in. New Chapter is a company operating in the weight loss supplement industry while Airia is a smart-home device connected to an app launched and invested by P&G.
- Founded by Paul and Barbi Schulick, New Chapter is a company operating in the dietary and weight management supplements industry. The company is known for its vitamin and herbal formulations.
- One of the company's main products, the "Weight Management Probiotic" helps in "healthy weight loss in addition to promoting lean body mass and gut health."
- P&G acquired the company on March 5, 2012.
- Airia is a room-freshening device that relies on ink-jet technology to spray and distribute a custom amount of scent. This smart home fragrance system can be operated with the help of a smartphone app.
- The scent-jet technology used in Airia is also known as SmartJet and is provided by Funai Electric.
- While the device was developed and refined in 2018, the project was launched in 2013 and its first prototype was built in 2016. The fragrances used in the device were created in 2017. According to P&G, the first 50 units of Airia were sold via Indiegogo in October 2018.
Other apps or digital products and services that P&G has acquired or invested in include:
- Pressbox is a laundry and dry-cleaning app developed by Vijen Patel and Drew McKenna, the graduates of the University of Notre Dame, in 2013.
- The app allows users to track their laundry when it is taken for cleaning and notifies them when it is ready for pickup.
- Users can drop-off their laundry anytime at the Pressbox's lockers which are mostly located in high-rise offices and apartment buildings.
- P&G acquired Pressbox in 2018.
OPTÉ PRECISION SKINCARE SYSTEM
- Opté Precision Skincare System is the first precision at-home skincare device.
- This device features "camera optics, algorithms, and printing technology that detect the users' complexion and hyper pigmentation. The device is also used in applying a precise amount of corrective serum to the face."
- The product was launched in 2019 after years of development with more than 40 patents.
- Opté is among the first few brands that originated from P&G Ventures.
To determine the requested information, we first reviewed the previously identified examples of the products/services that P&G has acquired or invested in to avoid any duplication. We noticed that products launched as part of innovation investments and partnerships were also of interest in addition to acquisitions. We then scoured through the acquisitions and investments related databases such as Crunchbase, Owler, The Middle Market, and Ranker to identify relevant acquisitions/investments made by P&G. We thoroughly reviewed each acquisition and investment to determine if they fall in weight loss/management, behavior modification, and/or wearables with app-connectivity categories. We also ran a press scan to find further information on the required investments/acquisitions using news and media articles, business websites, and industry-related press releases. We have also provided two additional products that might be of interest.