Lowe's Career Site Audit
Lowe's provides jobs for students, veterans, and military spouses.
Career Page Overview
- The company benefits and perks paid are health, vision, & dental, 401k, life insurance, vacation or sick leave, dependent care resources, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending account, associate discount site, and on-site cafeteria.
- The type of jobs are in categories such as business development, call center, communications, corporate, corporate administration, digital, finance, human resource, information technology, internships, legal, marketing, merchandising, project/program management, real state, sales, seasonal, security, service centers, stores, store operations, and supply chain.
- The company is diverse, aside for their jobs, they provide opportunities for students, especially undergraduates and graduates internships. Moreover, they also offer opportunities for military veterans and military spouses.
- In employee testimonials, the page provides a slider of testimonies from different employees coming from different segments or departments of the company. The slides provide information about the employee and their positive feedback on working at the company.
- Aside from textual presentation manifested on their page, they also provide images and graphical icons attached to their contents. Most of the images depict their employees on job scenarios, and icons are related to job opportunities.
Recruitment Websites and Job Boards Overview
- In LinkedIn, the company has posted at least one job advertisement daily over the past month.
- In Glassdoor, the company has posted at least one job advertisement daily over the past month. They have a total of 15k jobs posted. Similar to its career page, the kinds of jobs listed on these sites include store and seasonal jobs.
- In Monster, the company has posted at least one job advertisement daily over the past month.
- Also, in Indeed, the company has posted at least one job advertisement daily over the past month.
Company's Response to Negative Reviews
- In Glassdoor, with 20k reviews, there are 1,299 reviews positively view the company as "Good pay with opportunities for advancement."
- However, there are reviews negatively viewed the company, the highest number of negative reviews are 619 in which they view the company as "Treated like a full-time employee but given fewer hours and limited benefits."
- The company has not responded to any negative reviews left by employees through the recruitment websites and job boards mention above.
- Due to negative reviews received, Lowe's wrote a statement showing that they value their employees for their hard work and commitment to serving customers.
- Other of their responses are "make changes to specific roles," "make every effort to retain associates," and "offering the opportunity to transition to other roles in our stores," according to Business Insider.
Awards & Accolades
- In 2018, the company won Best of the Best & Top Veteran-Friendly Companies of U.S. Veterans Magazine, Forbes 50 Most Engaged Companies List, Harris Reputation Award of Harris Poll and Military Friendly Employer of Victory Media.
- In 2017, the company won Global 2000: Top Regarded Companies of Forbes and Top Veteran-Friendly Companies of U.S. Veterans Magazine.
- In 2016, the company won World's Most Admired Companies of Fortune, Temkin Experience Ratings of Temkin Group, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) & Pro Patria Award of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Top Employer and Top Supplier of Black Employment & Entrepreneur Journal, and Top Veteran-Friendly Companies of U.S. Veterans Magazine.
Website and Social Media Channels Overview
- On their official website, they provide links under on its footer section. One of these links is the direct access to the careers page of the company. Moreover, they also provide details regarding their careers through their company information page.
- The company created a social media accounts intended for its careers. On their Facebook page, they gained 21,110 likes, and 21,376 follows in which job events, videos, and images about their employees and job opportunities, testimonies, and links about articles and updates regarding their jobs.
- On their Instagram, they have a total of 2,836 followers. They also have a total of 434 posts emphasizing events, job openings, job position updates, employee celebrations, and other job & employee-related contents.
- They also highlighted Instagram stories; segments are about spring hire, intern, military, why Lowe's, D&I, technology and events.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Recruitment Initiatives Overview
- On their Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR), the company says to be "proud to deliver numbers showing how it's beating some of its sustainability goals sooner than expected."
- They gained 13.8% efficiency in 2018 and met our 2020 U.S. store energy efficiency goal. Besides, the organization continued to lessen carbon emissions by 29.8%.
- For 2018, they also highlighted that 31% of the Lowe's Board of Directors are women, implemented a safer chemical policy, the company's associates performed 315,000 hours of community service through volunteering and Lowe's Heroes projects, and funded $46 million in the company's local communities within nonprofit partnerships.
- As regards diversity and inclusion, Lowe's recruitment initiatives viewed in three areas, including talent, culture, and business. Diversity and inclusion organizations such as Executive Leadership Council, National Black MBA Association, Prospanica, United Negro College Fund, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Thurgood Marshall College Fund, National Minority Supplier Development Council, Women's Business Enterprise National Council, National Veterans-Owned Business Association, Urban League and Disability in which the firm is a member.
- For their recruitment initiatives for veterans and military spouses, they partnered with SACC, Military Spouse Employment Partnership, United Service Organizations, American Veterans, G.I. Jobs, and First Command Financial Services.
Your Research Team Applied The Following Strategy
To address the request, we looked for Lowe's approach to employee brand and recruitment activities. We leveraged the career page, recruitment websites, job boards, website, social media channels to gather information. Findings found its overview on the career page, recruitment websites, job boards, the prevalence of employee reviews, website, social media channels, Corporate Social Responsibility, and recruitment initiatives. However, there was no evidence found for the interview process since the company career page has not detailed this part of the job process.